2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

Who do we take?

• Total voters

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
They will not take Every at 18 if they already took Levshunov at#2

On value st #18 he is too high a pick...If he geysxto #34 thenI can see him as a target with that groupi g .
If Hage off the board at #18 if they took Lec at #2,then they coukd go Best player any position remains.. That might be LD Stian Solberg..a human eraser ...atymying attackers I theirctracks..he us much better s defensive dman than Enery..better instincts ?better agility. ,so good if not better speed..I better shot...maybe also s latent offensivevpitential if coachescencourage him to attack more..Lots of great potential ...Youbwantvthe physicality on your team even if hebis a Ld.

Every doesn't do much for me...more lies high 2nd rou drr ..

Solberg may be tge steal of tgecdraft ...whoever gets hom..Probably more effective than Vlssic in stopping the ops attacks...tgey willbe scored ofvthe violence of his hits and physical domination on contested pucks when he is defending.. I do not think anyone is tgat intimidated by Enery.

Maybecacscoutcsees more room forcEnery to start influencing games..but I see Solberg as a stout wall the opos will just not be able to break through..

Si if hevisctgerexat #18I woukd grab hom ...but if Hage is there and they already took a dman at #2, then they of course woukdvgrab Center talent while tge chance is still there...

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020

This feels like it’d be more for immediate help, but if they’re willing to do a true trade down then get up there and bring me Iginla

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

This feels like it’d be more for immediate help, but if they’re willing to do a true trade down then get up there and bring me Iginla

There's nothing we can trade for 6.

All he have to offer is 18, a myriad of 2nd and 3rd round picks, the Leafs 2025 1st, Kurashev, and Reichel.

Not a very compelling package.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Yeah, if they move that pick it's going to be for an established NHL player I imagine

A splash move for Marner (IF he was willing to waive and extend in Utah) or something of that nature to create splash for franchise and try to speed up its reach to competitive window

Reactions: Muffinalt

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
There's nothing we can trade for 6.

All he have to offer is 18, a myriad of 2nd and 3rd round picks, the Leafs 2025 1st, Kurashev, and Reichel.

Not a very compelling package.
Oh I agree it’s not overly feasible but I think we could get close if they don’t like the class and just want to trade out.

Arizona gave up 27, 34, and 45 to get up to 11 in 2022. I’d be curious to see how the pick value would compare to if we offered 18, 34, and the Toronto 1st

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Oh I agree it’s not overly feasible but I think we could get close if they don’t like the class and just want to trade out.

Arizona gave up 27, 34, and 45 to get up to 11 in 2022. I’d be curious to see how the pick value would compare to if we offered 18, 34, and the Toronto 1st
If Silayev is on the board, they keep their pick.

If he isn't, then yeah I can see why they'd want to move the pick. I don't think anyone else is their type.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Milstein's Russian camp starts today and runs for 5 days? hope we start hearing things.

Stian solberg looks to be going top 17 so that pushes 1 more player down to us. IMO.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Perhaps the Hawks board and a drop-off after 18 was the impetus for the trade with the Isles.

Where does my team need to pick to have a realistic expectation of landing a future top-six forward or top-four defenseman?

Pronman: I have 18 players in this draft that I’m very passionate about and project as top-six forwards or top-four defensemen on competitive teams.

Wheeler: A clear top-17 emerged for me in this draft, and I think all of those players project as that caliber of player.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
There is a great article on Athletic where Wheeler interviews scouts, players, coaches, and a GM on who they would pick where. Pretty fascinating seeing how different scouts see each player. You can tell some are in a different place and haven't paid attention to the top of the draft but their feedback is interesting.

Reactions: Castle8130

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Ryan Kennedy (editor hickey news) just did a in person interview with demidov. said he is at least 6 feet. definitely bigger than listed. was his tweet. EP rink side said he is taller then expected and speaks english well. quotes shocked NHL teams. says it was a ankle injury that is keeping him off the ice. as a side note Levshnov is there as well. KD is there. hopefully 6.05 and 185 lbs is enough to move KD. I just don't think you pass up a 100 pt wing for a #2/3 D.

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Everything in my head says take the big right handed defenseman over the winger if they are tiered the same. I dont know why but I just want Demidov. I want the ceiling pick. I wish he was out there skating at the Milstein thing.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Ryan Kennedy (editor hickey news) just did a in person interview with demidov. said he is at least 6 feet. definitely bigger than listed. was his tweet. EP rink side said he is taller then expected and speaks english well. quotes shocked NHL teams. says it was a ankle injury that is keeping him off the ice. as a side note Levshnov is there as well. KD is there. hopefully 6.05 and 185 lbs is enough to move KD. I just don't think you pass up a 100 pt wing for a #2/3 D.
For reference on his height, Demidov's dad is just shy of 6'1". Ivan likely ends up around there when it is all said and done

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
IMG_0910.jpeg

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014

a couple things of note about the 1;30 left mark he moves up the ice pretty well and in a few other clips he drops his second hand and holds off the defender. Hossa style.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I like both Demidov and Levshunov but I think Demidov makes more sense. Hawks can get RD later in the draft. Maybe move up to the back of the 1st round and nab 2 with 18 and a late 1st.

Hawks need high end forwards more than D.

I am also high on Vlasic, EDM and Rinzel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad