GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Thread - ESPN , Sportsnet & TVA Sports (Canada) 7:00 - June 28 - 29

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Personally I think the Bruins staff are looking at Letourneau's potential down the road after developing his game in college. This kid could possibly turn into a force with his size and skill once he puts on more muscle and develops more of a pro game. He has the DNA of his athletic parents pumping through his veins. If he develops the way the Bruins project he will be hard to defend against in pro IMO.

Reactions: BMC

3B

Sep 13, 2002
London Ontario
I have to admit the first thing I thought of after the name was announced was Joe Colborne. (Most likely because both we drafted out of lower leagues and size) Do people more familiar with Dean see any other similarities between them?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Is it me, or did not one franchise congratulate the Panthers on winning the Cup?

No one did but it also seemed like the teams were told to keep if fairly quick. A few gave shout outs to local draft parties. Seemed like much less rambling than in previous years. We didn't see the entire table get up to make picks, usually just 2 or 3 people.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
More size and talent than Frederic.
Time will tell. Easy to look like a world beater when you're playing high school hockey at 6'7. Don't hate the player per se but I'd rather have seen them make a safer pick with their cupboards as barren as they are instead of swinging for the fences on a guy who needs 5+ years before he even sniffs the league. Hope he turns into Tage Thompson but all I can think of is Joe Colborne...

Reactions: BamBamCam

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
well it could be worse. Im sure their not Barzal and Connor
My picks in 2015 can be found like everyone else on here still

Zboril
Barzal
Connor

However not that smart in 2016
Fabbro (McAvoy)
LaBerge (Frederic)

I’m smart some times

Reactions: TCB

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Personally I think the Bruins staff are looking at Letourneau's potential down the road after developing his game in college. This kid could possibly turn into a force with his size and skill once he puts on more muscle and develops more of a pro game. He has the DNA of his athletic parents pumping through his veins. If he develops the way the Bruins project he will be hard to defend against in pro IMO.
He's already pretty athletically built for a kid that age and coordinated for a kid that size. If he can adjust to the pace of the game at BC we might see him sooner rather than later.

Reactions: bobber

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad