GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Thread - ESPN , Sportsnet & TVA Sports (Canada) 7:00 - June 28 - 29

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
6”61/2. Wow might top out at over 6’7. Love his stride. If he gets over 15 points as a freshman, look out.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Early shot of Deaner at development camp

IMG_5523.jpeg

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
The good news about Letourneau is that he's considered a unicorn. Not only does he have great size he looks coordinated and nimble in his skating too.

Article: Film Room: Dean Letourneau's size and skill make him worth a first-round gamble in 2024 NHL Draft

The main concern even though he averaged 2 points per game was his level of competition not his tools.

I think it's also a really nice bonus that he will get to develop at BC right in the Boston area. So he will feel very comfortable with the local area by the time he makes the transition to the Bruins.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
2015 all over again, the Bruins pick, the following pick ......sigh
There were going to be more further along prospects than Letourneau but it's ok to swing for the fences here. I think Greentree is going to be a very good player, and they may have gotten it wrong, but to me it was the right move at this spot in the draft. He has legit top 2C potential and you would figure with that skating and size a high floor as a bottom 6 guy. You could also see him sliding to the RW and being very good. Vanacker is another guy I think who will be a very good pro

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
There were going to be more further along prospects than Letourneau but it's ok to swing for the fences here. I think Greentree is going to be a very good player, and they may have gotten it wrong, but to me it was the right move at this spot in the draft. He has legit top 2C potential and you would figure with that skating and size a high floor as a bottom 6 guy. You could also see him sliding to the RW and being very good. Vanacker is another guy I think who will be a very good pro
Agree. My hope is a better Coyle.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad