GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Thread - ESPN , Sportsnet & TVA Sports (Canada) 7:00 - June 28 - 29

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
There were going to be more further along prospects than Letourneau but it's ok to swing for the fences here. I think Greentree is going to be a very good player, and they may have gotten it wrong, but to me it was the right move at this spot in the draft. He has legit top 2C potential and you would figure with that skating and size a high floor as a bottom 6 guy. You could also see him sliding to the RW and being very good. Vanacker is another guy I think who will be a very good pro
Again , Hope I'm wrong and I very well could be . I don't hate the pick, but if your giving up the farm to even make the pick , I'd prefer a less risky pick . Especially since 1st rounders have become so rare in these parts .

Reactions: LouJersey

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Wondering if greentree was the better pick.
It's harder to project Letourneau because of his level of competition. But you can't teach his size and his physical tools. Greentree and Letourneau were both ranked in the 20's by dobberprospects.com.

Here are their writeups:

21. Liam Greentree: Greentree is a big and skilled winger. His puck skills, playmaking and goal scoring ability are all very good. He played on poor team in Windsor, so he was on an island as far as support goes, yet still produced 90 points. I was excited for his opportunity with Team Canada at the U18 to see how he played with talent, but his skating liability held him back and he struggled with the pace. It was a big red flag for me.

24. Dean Letourneau: Again, you can’t teach tall, and Letourneau is 6-7. While you take low KHL scoring totals with a grain of salt, you do the same thing Letourneau’s gaudy 127 points in 56 games in prep school. Committed to Boston College for his D+1 season we will see in better focus what his true offensive upside is. Big players can take time to mature, like his comparable Tage Thompson, so patience will be required but the payoff could be tremendous.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Blackhawks made out like Bandits tonight. In about 3 years they would be a good team to trade with.
Too much grade A talent to put on team.

All those point and a -22 says to me he needs to work on his 200ft game.
Poor skating and poor detail to defense. Elite scorer though.

Bruins will save alot of gas money going to see him, Jellvik and Gasseau all on the same team.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
There were going to be more further along prospects than Letourneau but it's ok to swing for the fences here. I think Greentree is going to be a very good player, and they may have gotten it wrong, but to me it was the right move at this spot in the draft. He has legit top 2C potential and you would figure with that skating and size a high floor as a bottom 6 guy. You could also see him sliding to the RW and being very good. Vanacker is another guy I think who will be a very good pro

His 2 games in the USHL he played RW. Hit the crossbar in one game and post in the other. He has skill and can skate well so at 6:06 how can you be negative about his skillset.

Going to BC shows he is highly thought of.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Draft thread needs more @neelynugs
ha...not a fan of letourneau, although he has legit upside if things pan out. would've preferred liam greentree or a number
of other guys. we'll see. this is a long range project and he just has a joe colborne feel. hage going to habs sucked too.

not expecting much tomorrow. late picks, but certainly there will be value to be had. nate misskey is a favorite of mine in
the range where they pick next.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
ha...not a fan of letourneau, although he has legit upside if things pan out. would've preferred liam greentree or a number
of other guys. we'll see. this is a long range project and he just has a joe colborne feel. hage going to habs sucked too.

not expecting much tomorrow. late picks, but certainly there will be value to be had. nate misskey is a favorite of mine in
the range where they pick next.
Opposite for me, Greentree's warts were more pronounced
Massive bust risk with our guy though

Reactions: neelynugs

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Gonna release this.
Day two, rounds 2-7 GDT up and stickied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad