NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If Calgary wants to move up to draft Iggy and we can get 9 and 41 from them, I would be happy with that. As long as Zeev was gone.

Then I would like us to use 9 to draft Helenius, 39 for Henry Mews, and take a gamble on Dean Letourneau with 41

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Button's Mock Draft Special

Demidov 2nd
Buium 3rd
Lindstrom 4th
Iginla 5th
Levshunov 6th
Parekh 7th
Dickinson 8th
Silayev 9th
Sennecke10th
=============
Next group

Yakemchuk
Helenius
Eiserman
Jiricek
Catton -- to the Wings at 15 seems low to me
Connelly
21 Parascak
23 Emery
25 Beaudoin ... still had this as the Sens pick... I can see the Bruins liking him too

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DrEasy

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
lots of people have us taking parekh.

niceeeeeee.

even though he doesn't seem to be very popular here, Parekh will be a gamebreaker at the NHL level.

Brady, Stutzle, Sanderson, Parekh is an elite talent and diverse core i can believe in.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
lots of people have us taking parekh.

niceeeeeee.

even though he doesn't seem to be very popular here, Parekh will be a gamebreaker at the NHL level.

Brady, Stutzle, Sanderson, Parekh is an elite talent and diverse core i can believe in.
Get the Viking too and I'm in.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Is it me or Finnish prospects have tended to be drafted too high in general for the value they've provided? Pool Party (4OA), Juolevi (5OA), Kotkaniemi (3OA), Kakko (2OA), our own Lassi (19OA)... There's of course good picks too: Lundell (12OA), Heiskanen (3OA), Rantanen (10OA), Aho (35OA), but a bit further down the draft.

But I'm just wary of drafting Helenius at 7OA, even though I know nothing about him other than his stats.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Is it me or Finnish prospects have tended to be drafted too high in general for the value they've provided? Pool Party (4OA), Juolevi (5OA), Kotkaniemi (3OA), Kakko (2OA), our own Lassi (19OA)... There's of course good picks too: Lundell (12OA), Heiskanen (3OA), Rantanen (10OA), Aho (35OA), but a bit further down the draft.

But I'm just wary of drafting Helenius at 7OA, even though I know nothing about him other than his stats.

Do you know who the captain of the current Cup champions is?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
For fun, anybody want to go on the record of trying to predict a few things for some bragging rights?

1) the top 15
(1 point for each player correctly in the top 15 and 1 additional point for getting them in the correct pick slot)

2) The sens first pick right, whatever spot it's made at
(+3 points on top of the rest).

My picks:
1- Celebrini
2- Demidov
3-Lindstrom
4- Buium
5-Levshunov
6- Silayev
7-Dickinson
8-Parekh
9-Iginla
10- Helenius
11- Catton
12 - Senneke
13 - Eiserman
14- Yakemchuk
15 - Brandsegg-Nygard

Sens Pick: Dickinson

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There's a lot of armchair experts going on here.

As a staunch defender of internet humility, can I politely suggest we give the pros their dues and admit Bobby Mac's list is way more likely to be accurate than the random opinions we're spewing around here?
So should we all stop posting after Mckenzie’s list is released

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Bruce is such a moron. Two other reporters asked about the RFA’s and SS refused to speak to it…yet Bruce’s last question of the interview is will you qualify Brannstrom :facepalm:

And then he tweets about it saying Staois's refusal to answer is a sign Brannstrom won't be qualified.

The Sun writers are just obsessed with Brannstrom. In his draft Q&A today, Tim Baines for no reasons asks Grant McGagg whether the Sens should qualify Erik Brannstrom. I thought this interview was about the draft? Why are we talking about a depth roster player? (Because he's small and European and how dare he)

Reactions: DJB

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I don't get what's meaningful about the Sens trading 25, as it relates to 7.

Because they traded 25 they're more likely to trade 7? There's no logic to that.
I take it to mean that they get another 1st round pick (moving back a bit) + a 2nd round pick to compensate for losing the 25th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad