NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
So Hawks move up 2 in the first,
And move up 4 in the second,
plus Isles get an extra second
Hawks must have a player in mind, worried might not be there 2 places later.

Good move for Lou, hopefully hawks get their guy.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I could see this trade taking place at the draft when #18 was on deck; however, it does not make a lot of sense at this time.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I posted this in the Around the NHL thread. It makes no sense to me from the Hawks perspective. They have no way of knowing that their guy will be there at 18 but not 20 this far out from the draft. Weird trade.
They improved two picks for 61 oa, that seems like a good value proposition, but it is odd to seet done this early.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So Hawks move back 2 in the first,
And move up 4 in the second,
plus Isles get an extra second
Hawks must have a player in mind, worried might not be there 2 places later.

Good move for Lou, hopefully hawks get their guy.
Hawks moved from 20 to 18 and from 54 to 50, accroding to the tweet anyways.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
the 54 to 50 means less than the 2 spots in the 1st they also gave up another 2nd... It seems like a lot for the benefit of 2 spots.
I mean 54 vs 50 in the 2nd round is pretty nebulous. You'd always want the higher pick but making the right pick is trickier.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Oops ya thanks, seems reasonable for both sides, I guess. Isles a little better.
Fixed the back part.
Since teams don’t like moving back in general in the first.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
the 54 to 50 means less than the 2 spots in the 1st they also gave up another 2nd... It seems like a lot for the benefit of 2 spots.
I mean 54 vs 50 in the 2nd round is pretty nebulous. You'd always want the higher pick but making the right pick is trickier.
Yeah, it's not nothing but it's pretty close especially this far out when you don't know that "your guy" slipped to that spot.

I think it's a good value trade, but an oddly timed one, I imagine they see a big drop off around 18 if they're moving up this far ahead.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Cam's co-worker David St. Louis has pointed out that Catton was playing a lot more minutes than other top CHL draft eligible forwards, which boosted his numbers.

Probably is getting underrated by NHL scouts and their obsession with size but looking purely at his numbers is lazy analysis.
A bit of sensationalism for sure. Catton is a fair bit back of the other 3 as well.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Yeah, 116 points (54 goals & 62 assists) in 68 games in his draft eligible year on a not-so-great team (Spokane Chiefs) that was under .500.

The only real knock on this player is his size; listed at 5'11 and around 165lbs.
Otherwise, he looks very promising and excels in all other areas; Projects as a 1C:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yeah, it's not nothing but it's pretty close especially this far out when you don't know that "your guy" slipped to that spot.

I think it's a good value trade, but an oddly timed one, I imagine they see a big drop off around 18 if they're moving up this far ahead.
Possibly now they try and move up 2-3 more spots with 18.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
SO ... Watching NHL or CHL tonight? I am going to watch as much Mem Cup as I can,.,.. and fill in with the NHL playoffs

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Zeev Buium to me is the best Dman in the draft. He has by far the best hockey sense, his skating is elite and he is a creative playmaker. Add in his defensive awareness and intelligence and to me he looks like a solid bet to be a top pairing guy. You wish he was a little bit bigger but he doesnt play soft. He's not a beast physically but I don't think it will hold him back.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Zeev Buium to me is the best Dman in the draft. He has by far the best hockey sense, his skating is elite and he is a creative playmaker. Add in his defensive awareness and intelligence and to me he looks like a solid bet to be a top pairing guy. You wish he was a little bit bigger but he doesnt play soft. He's not a beast physically but I don't think it will hold him back.

Best Dman is Levshunov. If he somehow falls to 7 we hit the jackpot.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Best Dman is Levshunov. If he somehow falls to 7 we hit the jackpot.

I disagree but can see the argument. He has great size, his a right shot, is physical and plays a two way game. I just think he makes some bad decisions sometimes and his IQ isn’t as good as Buiums so that’s why I have Zeeve ranked higher .

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Parekh 1 goal and 2 primary assists ; 3-0 Saginaw not half way thru the 2nd

Donovan makes it 4-0 ... Moose Jaw has no answer yet, Saginaw's up tempo pressure game has them rattled

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad