NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Assuming Levshunov and Silayev are gone I think the two guys I've honed in on the most are Parekh and Buium. Throw in Dickinson and Yakemchuk and there's certainly going to be defensive options on the board.

Helenius is an interesting X factor that I don't know a ton about, but someone already playing pro hockey who might be able to step into a key role quicker might be intriguing. Obviously the team just needs to take BPa/highest upside given the state of the system, but Helenius might be a two birds with one stone type of situation.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I like Yakemchuk will be interesting to see if he jumps up on peoples boards by the time the draft takes place.

Could be a Brett Burns down the road - skates well, plays tough and has very good size + has a great offensive game - Also RD!
And he’s a chuk. To add to Ostapchuk and Tkachuk. Maybe Katchouk sticks around too. All the chuks and chouks

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Assuming Levshunov and Silayev are gone I think the two guys I've honed in on the most are Parekh and Buium. Throw in Dickinson and Yakemchuk and there's certainly going to be defensive options on the board.

Helenius is an interesting X factor that I don't know a ton about, but someone already playing pro hockey who might be able to step into a key role quicker might be intriguing. Obviously the team just needs to take BPa/highest upside given the state of the system, but Helenius might be a two birds with one stone type of situation.
based on some footage i seen of silayev im not sure i would wanna touch him got feeling he wont tranistion well to the nhl.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Just take the best defensive dman. If that’s buium on the left side take him.

Sanderson
Buium
Kleven

We can probably work with that ;)
Only thing is we have some big size potential coming along on LD in nordberg Wallberg Andonovski,..
They might be good enough to battle for a spot too. So then maybe you want to make an argument for parekh for example.

Sanderson-Zub
Kleven-Parekh
Andonovski-Stanley
Nordberg
Wallberg
Hamara

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex1234

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Seems like a consensus top 6 grouping of Celebrini, Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, Lindstrom and Dickinson, but with several outliers that some teams have cracking that grouping - Parekh, Yakemchuk, Buium, Helenius, and now Sennecke.

If the Sens hold at 7, maybe they get lucky and a player that's in their top 2-4 gets to them. Once again we're seeing why winning/losing a couple extra games makes a massive difference. A team slotted fifth has a realistic shot at the number 2 player on their board this year. A team slotted seventh could easily see the top six on their list go before them.

I heard Silayev is committed to the Russian league for 2-3 years so he could fall because of that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad