GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
There are always some concerns with one dimensional players but this dude scored the most goals ever for the USDP. Over Caufield, Kane, Matthews, Smith, etc...

You don't do that and not make an impact at the show when the rest of the top 5 you beat are NHL stars..kid has solid size still needs strength but skating isn't terrible. Just looked disinterested at times..well so did Hull.
he’s also shown no significant improvement in his game in two calendar years. He’s a nearly identical player to the one he was at 16 years old

None of those guys are shooters only either

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
There are two things I hate when it comes to team building in hockey:
Acquiring small guys with average or worse offensive impact and acquiring size for the sake of size with no regard to skill. KD is making both mistakes.

I am cool with small guys like Kane, Bedard and even DeBrincat.

I am cool with big guys if they can put up points.

I don't like this garbage.

Mister X

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2010
IL
My biggest criticism of the rebuild has been how risk averse they’ve been.
This is why I’m most disappointed with the 18th pick. Had Hage and Eiserman right there, but went with what I assume the scouts determined as a safer pick.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Predictable meltdowns in this thread. Can I borrow your magic crystal balls, that show 3 years into the future? Lol.

Unless my memory is going, I recall a very similar reaction to the Vlasic pick. I trust the Hawks scouting more than the opinions of HF posters. And more than most other scouting teams in the NHL.

Carry on though. It's so amusing.

Last edited:

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Predictable melt downs in this thread. Can I borrow your magic crystal balls, that show 3 years into the future? Lol.

Unless my memory is going, I recall a very similar reaction to the Vlasic pick. I trust the Hawks scouting more than the opinions of HF posters. And more than most other scouting teams in the NHL.

I liked Vlasic if you remember.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
making these safer picks for physically mature players in the first round at the beginning of our rebuild is such small d*** energy

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Predictable melt downs in this thread. Can I borrow your magic crystal balls, that show 3 years into the future? Lol.

Vlasic was a second rounder. Did people really complain? I don’t remember the pick in the moment.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
My biggest criticism of the rebuild has been how risk averse they’ve been.

They took a huge risk that you don't see too often..

Emptying the cupboard of all the young talent. Usually you see teams maximize returns on vets etc, gut the depth then keep their better younger players when going into a rebuild.

Kyle did the bold thing in selling off the farm. I thought it was a good & gutsy move but it required A+ drafting to pan out.

We'll see.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020

This board was doing backflips after the first round a year ago and now apparently the rebuild is dead in the water and Davidson needs to be fired. It’s mind numbing

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
he’s also shown no significant improvement in his game in two calendar years. He’s a nearly identical player to the one he was at 16 years old

None of those guys are shooters only either
Eiserman also finished 2nd all time in points not just goals. Not sure what you watched but to claim he didn't improve is ridiculous. He isn't a grinder. Isn't a two way player. Most goal scorers aren't. They are polarizing. But when they hit they make every other gm who passed on them look like idiots.

Caufield is mainly a shooter. So is Matthews. What are you talking about? Lol..

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad