GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2024CubsAreReallyBad

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Unless this team makes drastic changes, they're going to be a last place team next year.

Anybody buying that snake oil Davidson was spewing about improvement needs to give their head a slight shake. This team is five years and a competent GM away from being a playoff team.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ah yes let's be like the Red Wings and Wild and be mired in mediocrity. As a White Sox fan we should know all about that right?

I do not.

Good point about White Sox

When a GM drafts poorly it is devastating to any attempt to build a winning club

But yes, I am sure fans will gleefully be happy to pay to watch more Tinordi's, Soderblom's, etc while Hawks poorly manage the rebuild. Fans will totally be on board with shelling out their kid's college fund to watch Luke and his toys get blown out nightly knowing our GM's reaches are going to have great careers as "Safe picks" while actual talent goes drafted behind them

Geoist

May 1, 2015
If you're actually getting gaslit by people on the internet, you're one of the most mentally weak people on this planet.

Or you don't know what gaslight means. Take your pick.

Gaslighting is an action, not a feeling. But nice try.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Good point about White Sox

When a GM drafts poorly it is devastating to any attempt to build a winning club

But yes, I am sure fans will gleefully be happy to pay to watch more Tinordi's, Soderblom's, etc while Hawks poorly manage the rebuild. Fans will totally be on board with shelling out their kid's college fund to watch Luke and his toys get blown out nightly knowing our GM's reaches are going to have great careers as "Safe picks" while actual talent goes drafted behind them

You're actually the worst poster on this board. At least Musto's bit is funny (sometimes).

• Haha
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Gaslighting is an action, not a feeling. But nice try.
Gaslighting is a pattern of abusive behavior which causes self-doubt and confusion in the victim. Here's the definition:

"Gaslighting is an insidious form of manipulation and psychological control. Victims of gaslighting are deliberately and systematically fed false information that leads them to question what they know to be true, often about themselves. They may end up doubting their memory, their perception, and even their sanity. Over time, a gaslighter’s manipulations can grow more complex and potent, making it increasingly difficult for the victim to see the truth."

If you believe this happened to you in a few post interaction over the internet, you're incredibly weak-willed to the point of having the mental capacity of a small child.

Or you're just using terms you don't know the meaning to.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Shouldn't this be a happy day? Why are you all arguing?

Cant wait to see how this looks in the sphere. Is anyone who posts here actually there?

I'm excited. I wrote an email to Danny Wirtz backing Davidson and letting him know fans support the Hawks rebuild and got a response back. Wish people could just relax, even if the Hawks don't pick the player none of them have seen.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I'm not the one saying someone on the internet gaslit me about prospecting rankings lmao

This is the definition as I understand it: Gaslighting is a colloquialism, defined as manipulating someone into questioning their own perception of reality.

or : the act or practice of grossly misleading someone especially for one's own advantage

Gaslighting is a term often used in debate. There are different levels of it. It's not just the psychological abusive kind you were referring to.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
This is the definition as I understand it: Gaslighting is a colloquialism, defined as manipulating someone into questioning their own perception of reality.

or : the act or practice of grossly misleading someone especially for one's own advantage

Gaslighting is a term often used in debate. There are different levels of it. It's not just the psychological abusive kind you were referring to.
I thought debating this was taking it too seriously??

Do you really think someone DISAGREEING with you on the internet was "manipulating you into questioning your own perception of reality" OR "grossly misleading you for their own advantage"?

Your definitions are still absurd to what happened. Disagreeing=/=gaslighting.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
It's hear, hear. Get it right, noob.

:sarcasm:
I have no issue getting a real warning fella
IMG_8804.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I thought debating this was taking it too seriously??

Do you really think someone DISAGREEING with you on the internet was "manipulating you into questioning your own perception of reality" OR "grossly misleading you for their own advantage"?

Your definitions are still absurd to what happened. Disagreeing=/=gaslighting.

Never said simple disagreement is gaslighting. I was referring to a specific comment about a specific thing. Now go fight someone else's battle.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I forgot which article I read it in, but the Hawks have a scout that has seen him in person.

It doesn't matter, I have accepted that they're taking Lev at this point.
Going to hope for the best.

Fair, I should say the GM hasn’t seen him in person which matters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad