GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Round 1-7 (Jun 28-29)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Wallenius gone as well.

Oh well.
Though, looking back and previous drafts besides 2021 Ron has never really drafted a defender before the mid/late 2nd round....

Pulkkinen gone too....

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Though it is probably unkind to mention, if you are looking for a hilarious take on last night's proceedings, check out the Flyers' page. The collective reaction to the trade and the Luchanko pick is a hoot.

About 12 years of despair and negativity (and counting) has made that board a tough place to hang out at times. Most are beyond frustrated with the team's direction and refusal to blow it up like other teams have done.

And they've hated every coach since Hitchcock Laviolette, I think.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
And yet another centre--this one I never heard of. In four years of drafting we have taken a total of defencemen in the draft, one of whom was a late second round pick. Are we stocking centres to use as trade chips? Are all most of these guys translatable to wingers?

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Alexis Bernier, who I am completely unfamiliar with. Taken by us just before Mews was chosen....so, interesting.

Buffalo drafts a genuine sleeper in Ziemer. He was just a bit outside of my top 32. Could be a good one.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Tarin Smith, who a lot of people really liked, to Anaheim at #79. The Ducks are having another great draft.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Bernier was rated by the various ranking services that included both Euro and NA players from #100 to #127. So something of a stretch for the Kraken.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00