Post-Game Talk: 2024 NHL Draft -- Rate it, Love it or Hate it

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Give your ranking

• A+

Votes: 183 51.4%
  • A

Votes: 136 38.2%
  • B+

Votes: 27 7.6%
  • B

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • C+

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • C

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
A for me. Demidov and Hage make it a great draft, but A+ would be a perfect draft and from what I read in the GDT, most seem unsatisfied with our picks besides Koivu.

Who cares if they are unsatisfied with the later picks. They are clueless and have no idea who these players are.....as am I but I know when to stop talking.

Last edited:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Some odd picks on Day 2 but the current regime has earned the benefit of the doubt and we are much better at developing and investing resources in projects so we will see. Would have like to give some love to the Q

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The only pick relevant to the Habs winning a cup in their competitive window is demidov and maybe Hage. The rest are way too far away from the show and they were always going to be regardless of who got picked. I give it an A. Whoever gave them a C is a tool btw. A good draft historically means around 2-3 players will become NHLers. If you achieve or presumably achieve that it's an automatic B. Then add in getting a potential star. That bumps it up

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I'd rather STFU about the later rounds after being proven so wrong so often, I gotta to learn that those obscure pics are sometimes the ones with the highest odds of hitting when it's later into the draft vs the names the community knows

Reactions: Tyson

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
A+ for taking Hage who I had in the 4 round mock to Detroit.
The success of this draft will come down to one factor: will Demidov ultimately be able to show that concerns expressed about the level of the opposition he has faced to date were misplaced.

If Demidov emerges as one of the most dynamic players of the game ( as many here who pushed for his selection hoped and confidently expected) then this draft will, regardless of what Hage and the other members of this draft class accomplish , be a great success.

Last edited:

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
I would go with an A-. They made the correct selection with the fifth overall, and that defines the rest of the draft. While I like Michael Hage, I would have been happier remaining at 26th, particularly since Greentree was selected at that point, I think that there was value, there, that we passed on.

Philosophically, I cannot agree with the selection of so many overagers, and there were some extreme reaches.

Koivu was heartwarming.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The Demidov and Hage picks were sublime and the Koivu selection seems reasonable as well. I don't know enough about the other prospects to give them a rating but I know how well this scouting group has fared over the last two seasons, so unlike all of the fans who are turning their noses up at something that they know nothing about...I will defer to the scouting staff who has watched these players live and have have earned my respect rather than attempt to criticize from a position of ignorance.

From what I can actually judge (the first 3 picks) I give them an tentative A+

Last edited:

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Don't follow the prospects like many of you folks, so some random thoughts...

It's clear they prioritize size like a number of other teams. I pointed this out during game one of the finals, there was only one player under 6 ft in that game (Evan Rodrigues) and Vegas was the biggest team in the league when they won last season.

Loved all the centres and two high level offensive prospects.

Also seemed clear these are mostly prospects for well down the road which makes sense with all the prospects they have already signed or to be signed.

Nice job, impressed.

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
I gave an A. I absolutely loved the first round, both Demidov and Hage, but after that there is not one single pick I liked. Sure, I didm't know most of the players and stats are deceiving, but their stats are bad, I've never heard amateur scouts talk about any of them apart from Koivu and there were interesting prospects available at each of those picks.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You'd be a lot happier in life if you could separate politics from sports.
Life is political in essence. We sadly do not have the capacity to stop being "political" because of the system we chose to live in.

With that said? It's not even political. Why is Koivu a good pick? Same reason Poirier or Boilard would've been fantastic.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
The success of this draft will come down to one factor: will Demidov ultimately be able to show that concerns expressed about the level of the opposition he has faced to date were misplaced.

If Demidov emerged as one of the most dynamic players of the game ( as many here who pushed for his selection hoped and confidently expected) then this draft, regardless of what Hage and the other members of this draft class do, will be a great success.
Of course. I was just joking lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad