HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft -- Rate it, Love it or Hate it

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Give your ranking

• A+

Votes: 192 50.3%
  • A

Votes: 150 39.3%
  • B+

Votes: 30 7.9%
  • B

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • C+

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • C

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We do like our Q players, don't we?

They couldn't fail because of Demidov but I'll give them a C for the rest of the draft. Ridiculous picks made, we lost a 2nd rounder for nothing, refused to move up to grab clear fallers that would've been a) good PR and B) good value.

The good: Demidov and Koivu
The bad: moving up for no reason
The ugly: Two quebecois born players on 40 picks for this management.

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Amazing first round and some intriguing projects on day 2. So I'd give it an A. The lack of a 2nd round pick hurt a little bit. Prevents it from being A+ in my book as it lacks a sneaky steal type prospect a la Fowler from last year.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
A because of the 1st round and giving the benefit of doubts to Bobrov and co.

Demidov and Hage are steals.

Koivu was a fine pick.

No idea about Sawyer, but would have gone Smith, Wetsch, Zarubin or Jecho instead.

Protz seems fine, would have went Boilard, He or Moore.

Thorpe+Vecvanags we'll see would have gone with Misa, Poirier or Romani

Merrill no idea, would have gone Kol, Avramov or Krutov

Khanin no idea, would have gone Humphreys

Bergvist I see nothing and no trust in Rockstrom, would have gone Zetterberg

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Our first 3 picks makes it an A+ for me. I'd have given a C for the rest, but meh, they certainly don't weight as much as Demidov-Hage-Koivu.

Reactions: Nevins

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Okay I can't resist....I'll say this...right from the start....I do NOT know how any of those guys will do in 4 years I do not. Woudl have I picked who they picked starting round 2? Nope. Nobody. Do I Know all of them? Nope. I know Koivu. Saw a little of Sawyer and Thorpe and Merrill but can't even put them in knowing them..lol

It's an uncharted territory for me because I've never experienced this. Never in Timmins era was there so many unknown picks in 1 draft. Never. So either our scouting group are genius. Either...they are not. We will see.

But I don't think, AS A DAY, that it's a great day. Not moving up. And not going with players I preferred. But again I repeat, NONE OF THE PLAYERS CHOSEN I can say I disliked. I don't dislike any of them...I don't know most of them....

Thank you.

Respectfully.

P.s. I f***ING LOVED YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As a personal note, it's my best performance ever for my top 100 chosen. With only 5 players left. For what it's worth...which is not a whole lot...lol.

Still can't believe Zetterberg wasn,t even worth a pick.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Okay I can't resist....I'll say this...right from the start....I do NOT know how any of those guys will do in 4 years I do not. Woudl have I picked who they picked starting round 2? Nope. Nobody. Do I Know all of them? Nope. I know Koivu. Saw a little of Sawyer and Thorpe and Merrill but can't even put them in knowing them..lol

It's an uncharted territory for me because I've never experienced this. Never in Timmins era was there so many unknown picks in 1 draft. Never. So either our scouting group are genius. Either...they are not. We will see.

But I don't think, AS A DAY, that it's a great day. Not moving up. And not going with players I preferred. But again I repeat, NONE OF THE PLAYERS CHOSEN I can say I disliked. I don't dislike any of them...I don't know most of them....

Thank you.

Respectfully.

P.s. I f***ING LOVED YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you even scout, bro!? :sarcasm:

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Everything after demidov is irrelevant. we got Demidov so A+ for that right there.

Hage is also a great pick.

Koivu is a cool pick.

the rest of them.. like most here, I know nothing about... so imma trust Hugo as they have earned it.

I find it funny some people reacting like "who the f*** is this kid?! bad pick!" .. how can you judge it as a bad pick when you don't even know th kid lol oh well, that's just HFboards for ya lol

I for one am very happy after this draft!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As a personal note, it's my best performance ever for my top 100 chosen. With only 5 players left. For what it's worth...which is not a whole lot...lol.

Still can't believe Zetterberg wasn,t even worth a pick.
Schuchinov being ignored is the biggest what the f to me. Unless he's specifically said he wouldn't come over. Hrs playing top 4 in the KHL right now. Most of these players will never even make it to the AHL.

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I find it funny some people reacting like "who the f*** is this kid?! bad pick!" .. how can you judge it as a bad pick when you don't even know th kid lol oh well, that's just HFboards for ya lol
Shades of Romanov post-draft. I know, different management. But they saw something with the players they picked, and maybe they did well!

Reactions: Rozz

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Maybe the best crop of picks we've selected in the last twenty years. Very happy. Wanted Lindstrom and Iginla and never thought we'd walk away with Demidov and Hage, plus Koivu and Protz. Some of the kids I know nothing about seem like interesting picks. All big players too. I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Well? What do you think?

1st round:

Ivan Demidov (W)
Michael Hage (C)

3rd round:
Aatos Koivu (C)
Logan Sawyer (C)

4th round
Owen Protz (LD)

5th round
Tyler Thorpe (W)
Mikus Vecvanags (G)

6th round
Ben Merrill (C)

7th round
Makar Khanin (W)
Rasmus Bergqvist
-A for day 1, just because we traded away the second when we might of had Hage at 26th. Just feel like this was a move to setup another move and it failed.

D+ for day 2, some player I didn't even have in my top 225, I feel like those pick are mostly worthless since the majority of them won't even make the NHL and the rest will hit waiver before there able to establish them self... But they just seem to over think them self into take older / lower upside player...

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
A.

I really like the Demidov, Hage, Protz (though maybe this one is a tad early, I like the idea of getting someone like him) and Thorpe picks.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
We do like our Q players, don't we?

They couldn't fail because of Demidov but I'll give them a C for the rest of the draft. Ridiculous picks made, we lost a 2nd rounder for nothing, refused to move up to grab clear fallers that would've been a) good PR and B) good value.

The good: Demidov and Koivu
The bad: moving up for no reason
The ugly: Two quebecois born players on 40 picks for this management.
You'd be a lot happier in life if you could separate politics from sports.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
B-, purely on the strength of the first round, and I feel like I’m being generous here because Demidov was the obvious pick at 5.

Aatos Koivu, I get, even if he was probably only picked because of his name, which was probably the case. He’s still a legitimate prospect, and I really don’t have a problem with factors like legacy/family ties coming into play in the 3rd round and after.

After that, it really seems like they were so smitten by their first round that they just winged it the rest of the way. They passed on way too many high upside players in rounds 3-7, and a few of the picks made little sense - over agers, obscure goalies, enforcers. I do find the Russian they took in the 7th round intriguing though.

As always, we’ll see how it turns out.

Ad

Ad

Ad