2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Strbak was the guy I wanted in the 2nd round last draft. This year it's Beaudoin.

I predict we finish 13th or 14th overall...if we win a lottery we can move up 10 spots I think. Silayev or Lindstrom would be a nice consolation prize for missing the playoffs.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Strbak was the guy I wanted in the 2nd round last draft. This year it's Beaudoin.

I predict we finish 13th or 14th overall...if we win a lottery we can move up 10 spots I think. Silayev or Lindstrom would be a nice consolation prize for missing the playoffs.
This year I think there's an outside shot at either Elick or Emery to bring in another defense first RHD. Both have Lydman moments with the puck but like to bang bodies

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
You were saying? :eek2:

Stud on stud violence. Not looking forward to Nikishin in Carolina for the next decade.
Center is back on the menu.
It felt like this even before Mitts imo. Time to rebalance the pool and realize that the abundance of available wingers is because wingers are indeed abundant.

Hunt bottom six centers with every pick past the 2nd.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Stud on stud violence. Not looking forward to Nikishin in Carolina for the next decade.

It felt like this even before Mitts imo. Time to rebalance the pool and realize that the abundance of available wingers is because wingers are indeed abundant.

Hunt bottom six centers with every pick past the 2nd.

I was trying to be tongue in cheek but yeah, they need someone else pushing up from below in that pipeline. Small, skill wingers and offensemen should be lower in a situation where players are ranked similarly.

As for Nikishin, I can't wait until he's on Carolina with Kochetkov as the starter and we're still watching Skinner sink his line.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
First time -

1709871648203.png

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
If they got Celebrini, they would have one.
I would love it if that happened but if not one of demimedov, catton, Lindstrom, or helenius would be my pick i like Iginla as well but I feel we have a lot of great shooters already and since we traded our best playmaker in Mittelstadt it seems like we only have 4 potential playmakers in our system in Benson, Krebs, savoie and ostlund. Demimedov fits into the shooter/playmaker hybrid for me who is dynamic but looks to be nothing special in his own end. Catton seems like Benson with better skating but not as high of an iq, Lindstrom could be something real special but will longer and the high end potential seems riskier but still will carve out a role as an efficient bottom sixer while helenius doesn't have the upside of the latter three still seems like a good bet to be a middle six two way guy that could get players the puck.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Target should be:
1. Centre
2. RHD
3. Big winger

Helenius makes sense at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad