2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Reactions: Jacob582

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
That pick would be so dumb. Helenius could be our 3C in two years. Would Dickinson really have a shot at playing top 4 for the sabres in the coming 4 years?
I want players that can make a difference during our potential window.
Well, you have to take BPA, whether he will be on the team in 2 or 3-4 years.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
That pick would be so dumb. Helenius could be our 3C in two years. Would Dickinson really have a shot at playing top 4 for the sabres in the coming 4 years?
He'd easily would. If he's available at 11, he would definitely be BPA

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Helenius isn't going to be a 3C in two years. MAYBE I could see 3. Maybe. I think he's more on the Ostlund curve than anything -- 2 years overseas and then a year or two in Rochester.

Yes, Dickinson would be BPA at 11. And yes, he'd have a legit shot at playing in the top 4. Of the higher picks, he's probably the best one at actually playing defense. Which is something we lack.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Helenius isn't going to be a 3C in two years. MAYBE I could see 3. Maybe. I think he's more on the Ostlund curve than anything -- 2 years overseas and then a year or two in Rochester.
Why? He had an impressive season, he can't follow Lundell's trajectory?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Lundell was and Helenius had a better draft season
And Lundell is an outlier that landed in a pretty cushy spot.

The 2024 Sabres are not the 2020 Panthers.

Lundell was one of only two players under 25yo to play 50+ games his rookie year. That would not be the case here in two years, most likely.

Why? He had an impressive season, he can't follow Lundell's trajectory?
Just because something is possible does not mean it is probable.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

Yes, Dickinson would be BPA at 11. And yes, he'd have a legit shot at playing in the top 4. Of the higher picks, he's probably the best one at actually playing defense. Which is something we lack.
Lundell 44 pts 65 nhl games his D2 season.

Helenius has a slightly higher ppg this year than Lundells draft season and I say Liiga is a better league now post-invasion.

I think Helenius is underrated. Not saying he's the best pick, I know too little about Catton and many others. What I do know is that he's pretty close to NHL ready and would fit the team as rw or center. I'd be very surprised if he's not in the NHL in two years time.

If Dickinson has high value and is BPA I'd try to trade down.

Edit: I also think he's already ahead of Östlund.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah that's exactly how i feel, no way is he 3 years out.

Ostlund is far because he has to add weight and has to see if he can play with added weight. Helenius is already 86kg/190 lbs. He's not slight, he's rocking it in one of the better men's leagues as a 17 year old. If he's the pick, cool.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Lundell 44 pts 65 nhl games his D2 season.

Helenius has a slightly higher ppg this year than Lundells draft season and I say Liiga is a better league now post-invasion.

I think Helenius is underrated. Not saying he's the best pick, I know too little about Catton and many others. What I do know is that he's pretty close to NHL ready and would fit the team as rw or center. I'd be very surprised if he's not in the NHL in two years time.

If Dickinson has high value and is BPA I'd try to trade down.
I’d be very happy with Helenius at 11. Very Smart. High end Compete. Skill. Two way Center. Playing against men. It’s been weird to me that he’s been treated so lukewarm around here.

The hockey writers podcast put him on us in their mock. I only bring it up because I look at the latest argument here about him and then their first quote was “a guy who is going to be making a difference in their middle six in two years”

Had a good laugh at the timing of reading here and listening to that moments later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad