2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
My new pet peeve is when mock drafters say “if anyone can afford the risk to take a big swing it’s the Sabres!” Almost always connected to giving them Eiserman. I don’t think there’s ever been a team who could less afford to take draft risks with high picks than this one. They have more trouble than anyone attracting players for reasons both of their own doing and not. As long as this ownership keeps us drafting in the top half of round 1…they need to be taking the best player period. To me that excludes the incredibly low floor of Cole Eiserman.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

View attachment 887125
Looks at the last of people around pick 11:

Helenius -- Good.
Iginla -- Good.
Sennecke -- Good.
Catton -- Good.
Yakemchuk -- Good.
Eiserman -- HELLLLLLLL NO.
Connelly -- HELLLLLLLLL No.
Jiricek -- Meh.
MBN -- Good.

I mean..........plenty of guys in our range that I'm absolutely fine with.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Helenius -- Good.
Iginla -- Good.
Sennecke -- Good.
Catton -- Good.
Yakemchuk -- Good.
Jiricek -- Meh.
MBN -- Good.

I know they won’t touch Connelly so I’m really just on the not Eiserman train. Even Jiricek at least I’d understand why. I wouldn’t want to pass on Catton, Iginla, Helenius or MBN for him. And I wouldn’t take him over Yakemchuk. …. The math tells me that I wouldn’t like it your right lol

Reactions: Zman5778

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Helenius -- Good.
Iginla -- Very Good.
Sennecke -- Good.
Catton -- Good.
Yakemchuk -- Hm, probably pass.
Jiricek -- Idk.
MBN -- Good.

Reactions: Zman5778

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The only hell no for me is Connelly at this point. Then the rest are various degrees of reaction, mostly good. I could even get into slow cooking Eiserman so he unf***s himself in college for a few years to spread out the prospect pipeline. *shrug*

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The only hell no for me is Connelly at this point. Then the rest are various degrees of reaction, mostly good. I could even get into slow cooking Eiserman so he unf***s himself in college for a few years to spread out the prospect pipeline. *shrug*

I like Eisermann? Not my first choice but I wouldn't hate it like some. :dunno:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like Eisermann? Not my first choice but I wouldn't hate it like some. :dunno:

I don't particularly like Eiserman. I see a guy with terrible body language and a lot missing from his game. I'm somewhat resigned that he'll be their pick there and they'll be happy about it, but I don't care for all the work he's going to need to make what he does workable at the highest level. Just my gut reaction to what I have seen of him all season...

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I don't particularly like Eiserman. I see a guy with terrible body language and a lot missing from his game. I'm somewhat resigned that he'll be their pick there and they'll be happy about it, but I don't care for all the work he's going to need to make what he does workable at the highest level. Just my gut reaction to what I have seen of him all season...

My gut tells me it's 90% going to be Catton which I love.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
buying out a scoring winger who is a liability in every other way on Wednesday and then turning around to draft one on Friday would be hilarious. I must admit.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I'm way out of lockstep with all my favorite posters lately, on plenty of topics, but so it goes I guess.

I've been warm to the idea of Eiserman and I'm happy to see some of the icy opinions around him show signs of melting (and some not). It's the birthday for me - he's obviously an immature kid in a number of ways, but he's so young. College should be wake-up call in terms of professionalizing his game and if he catches on you have the clear steal of the draft. - again, after Benson. The upside is legit and stashing that lotto ticket is one way to cash in on our asset pile.

None of us knows how he'll develop and I get the current deficiencies, but if Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton, and Iginla are gone, I'm fine with the home run swing. If Adams is going with the strategy of holding our prospects to see which ones hit big, I want to add more high end F talent 2-3 years behind them. I like our mid-round drafting enough to find D and B6F. We took two 1.1 D in 3 years and have another 1.4 D. Take a forward.

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm way out of lockstep with all my favorite posters lately, on plenty of topics, but so it goes I guess.

I've been warm to the idea of Eiserman and I'm happy to see some of the icy opinions around him show signs of melting (and some not). It's the birthday for me - he's obviously an immature kid in a number of ways, but he's so young. College should be wake-up call in terms of professionalizing his game and if he catches on you have the clear steal of the draft. - again, after Benson. The upside is legit and stashing that lotto ticket is one way to cash in on our asset pile.

None of us knows how he'll develop and I get the current deficiencies, but if Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton, and Iginla are gone, I'm fine with the home run swing. If Adams is going with the strategy of holding our prospects to see which ones hit big, I want to add more high end F talent 2-3 years behind them. I like our mid-round drafting enough to find D and B6F. We took two 1.1 D in 3 years and have another 1.4 D. Take a forward.
I'd be very surprised if Adams takes Eiserman.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

11. Buffalo Sabres: Sam Dickinson​

The Buffalo Sabres lack a right-shot defenseman among their top-five prospects, but the opportunity to select a left-shot blueliner with the size and skills of Sam Dickinson of the OHL's London Knights could prove tempting for them.

Button has Dickinson at No. 8 on his overall list of this year's top prospects. NHL Central Scouting has the 6'3", 203-pound rearguard at No. 7 on its ranking of North American skaters.

Wheeler calls Dickinson a complete, projectable top-four defenseman with size, high-end skating and offensive skills, while Bukala noted that he logged a lot of minutes with the Knights this season, praising his hockey sense as well as his size and skill.

Dickinson's offensive skill were apparent in 2023-24. He was fifth on the Knights with 70 points in 68 games and fourth among OHL defensemen.

12. Philadelphia Flyers: Konsta Helenius​

13. Minnesota Wild: Beckett Sennecke​

14. San Jose Sharks (via Pittsburgh Penguins): Adam Jiříček​

15. Detroit Red Wings: Michael Brandsegg-Nygård​

16. St. Louis Blues: Cole Eiserman​

Reactions: Fjordy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad