GDT: 2024 NHL Draft GDT | [EDM/PHI] FLA 1st '24 (32nd Overall) <---> cond. Edm 1st ('25 unless Top-12, then slides to '26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I get going after a guy you like, but now e we don’t have next years pick for trade deadline work. We’ll only have the 26 first to work with, which then means we lose our 25 first rounder according to the trade details. Really makes it difficult to improve our team next trade deadline, which is likely our last really good chance at a cup.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
They did draft and develop Skinner and Rod.
Sure, but Rodrigues is still an unknown quantity (albeit trending upwards thanks to work with his own father). I don't know, goalies tend to have strange development patterns and for whatever reason we don't really do well in that regard. Tough to plot a course for most of them and you can often find unpolished kids in later rounds who turn out. We'll see.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Oilers have a poor track record when it comes to drafting and developing goalies, kind of interesting they went with one here.
I think the Oilers bigger problem is evaluating their talent mid->late development.

They were allergic to using in-house developed goalies forever, even as back ups. They also seemed allergic to putting young players on the roster in elevated roles and when they did (Holloway/Broberg), they seemed surprised they had a player who can actually play.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I think the Oilers bigger problem is evaluating their talent mid->late development.

They were allergic to using in-house developed goalies forever, even as back ups.
Well hopefully they're on their way to course correcting with the hire of Kalle Larsson for player development and a new director of scouting in place with Rick Pracey. Parkatti is there too as the analytics hire. Goalies, out of all the positions, is one that in particular seems to elude this team.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
We might get a few more picks if we move Ceci and Kulak. If not, its going to be a boring draft day for most
Kulak is a keeper. Playoff warrior, even If its 3rd pair - he holds that spot when it masters, and can shelter rookies somehow at least. Ceci is ok, but expansioner.
Nurse is a 2nd pair 9million dman. He is the one I trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00