GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I'm not sure about anyone else but I am not prepared to forgive and forget Dumbas assault on Pavs. I really can't stand this signing. I can't stand the sight of him never mind cheer for him. Yes, not very open minded of me I know. Doesn't help that he's a total plug as well. Terrible signing, just awful. What was Nill thinking.

We got all these shutdown guys back there now, sure would be nice to add a guy who can drive some offense from the backend, looking at you Gostisbehere.

If we didn't overpay the other two by so much we might have actually had a chance to make that happen. Could also move on from Faksa or Dadonov to make room as well...
There was lots of ways to make Roy happen, or to fit in a Ghost. But the desire to do that had to be there. And it wasn't. I'm sure Nill likes where we are at.

Reactions: piqued

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Isn’t our blue line going to be about the same as the beginning of last year? I’m not excited or a fan of the signings either but it doesn’t seem like the top 4 D UFAs were real options. We can still upgrade in the season and we have seen what one top 4 D addition at the deadline can make. I’m sure my modest positivity will be met with “the sky is falling , fire Nill” takes.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm not sure about anyone else but I am not prepared to forgive and forget Dumbas assault on Pavs. I really can't stand this signing. I can't stand the sight of him never mind cheer for him. Yes, not very open minded of me I know. Doesn't help that he's a total plug as well. Terrible signing, just awful. What was Nill thinking.

There was lots of ways to make Roy happen, or to fit in a Ghost. But the desire to do that had to be there. And it wasn't. I'm sure Nill likes where we are at.
He's an easy player to hate because he's a trash player that throws trash hits. 0 redeeming qualities to his play.

Reactions: Blindsummit

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Isn’t our blue line going to be about the same as the beginning of last year? I’m not excited or a fan of the signings either but it doesn’t seem like the top 4 D UFAs were real options. We can still upgrade in the season and we have seen what one top 4 D addition at the deadline can make. I’m sure my modest positivity will be met with “the sky is falling , fire Nill” takes.

No it's probably the same. Keep in mind we went into last season not knowing how good Harley would end up being. I think going into last season our D lined up as

Suter-Miro
Lindell-Lundkvist
Harley-Hakanpaa
Hanley

It's no better or worse than it is right now. Bichsel is the question mark. Just would have been nice to add a guy like Roy and then be able to be flexible at the deadline this year instead of going into it needing the exact same thing as last time.

Biggest negative is we wanted to avoid term and gave out too much money to worse players instead, when there are similar players who will get much less most likely (Desharnais for example)

Reactions: Kipper 17

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
No it's going to be quite a bit worse.

They both have Suters mobility (so none) and somehow are worse at making passes.
They can throw hits and in Dumbass case, can shoot the puck hard. But that's it.
Anytime Lindell, Dumbass or Lyubushkin are on the ice, chances are we're going to be hemorrhaging shots against.
our Penalties are going to sky rocket, and none of them are good at killing penalties.

Reactions: piqued

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
No it's going to be quite a bit worse.

They both have Suters mobility (so none) and somehow are worse at making passes.
They can throw hits and in Dumbass case, can shoot the puck hard. But that's it.
Anytime Lindell, Dumbass or Lyubushkin are on the ice, chances are we're going to be hemorrhaging shots against.
our Penalties are going to sky rocket, and none of them are good at killing penalties.
Right, sky falling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad