GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Well truth be told we are going to have a hell of a fun night in next years draft.... mind you with our management group who knows what stupid decisions will be made

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Sweet merciful Christ, no. The 2026 20th overall pick is not in the same universe as 32 on the clock. You usually get about a round value discount per year of deferral.
that's a pretty lousy way of thinking. if the 2026 draft is better than this one, and by all accounts this is not a very strong draft, then how on earth is that a worse situation?

Reactions: MayonnaiseOreo

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
Sweet merciful Christ, no. The 2026 20th overall pick is not in the same universe as 32 on the clock. You usually get about a round value discount per year of deferral.
Copy that. I don't follow the draft "rules" too much since the Flyers are never picking high enough for me to get excited over anybody. Hopefully Briere is planning to turn the Edmonton pick into a trade piece.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
that's a pretty lousy way of thinking. if the 2026 draft is better than this one, and by all accounts this is not a very strong draft, then how on earth is that a worse situation?

Forget 2026. There is not one person on earth who can predict what they’re going to think of the 20th best player in next year’s draft today. Not one. It’s not me being smart and them being dumb. The whole point is that no one can possibly know that. They don’t understand their own limits.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
It's kind of like "Hey lend me $100 today, and I'll pay you back in 2 years. Maybe I'll even pay you back $105 for your troubles."

Would you take that deal? You shouldn't.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It's kind of like "Hey lend me $100 today, and I'll pay you back in 2 years. Maybe I'll even pay you back $105 for your troubles."

They wont make that pick though. No way in hell.

He's going to use it to trade for a roster piece when they feel they are closer to being a playoff team.

Its sick, but I'd bet good money that's the thinking.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

The way this league works though, there is incentive to fail. If he's actually building future capital and is going to deal TK, among others, then I'm actually pretty satisfied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad