GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016
Laughton will return more at the deadline -> Laughton will return more in the offseason -> Repeat
I can't believe we haven't traded him yet. I can't believe we haven't made a single trade. This was a big draft for Briere. I expected one of Laughton, Farabee or Konecny to be gone by now.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Even when I try not to care, I still care. Truly a worst possible outcome tonight. I would have LOVED to watch Buium every night.

Take Michkov away and this might be the worst long-term talent pool in the league. The defenders they have they grossly overvalue in skill. And they actively avoid it up front. 5 years away from being 5 years away.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Even when I try not to care, I still care. Truly a worst possible outcome tonight. I would have LOVED to watch Buium every night.

Take Michkov away and this might be the worst long-term talent pool in the league. The defenders they have they grossly overvalue in skill. And they actively avoid it up front. 5 years away from being 5 years away.
I'm so deflated after that pick. I don't even want to watch the 32nd pick, what's the point.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Buium and Michkov would have been magic together.

This is the Draft everyone will point to when Briere is fired in a few years.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
This is a tenure defining draft for Briere. Strange he wanted to bank on Jett of all players. He will either have egg on his face or be the smartest man in the room

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Dint bet on him being the smartest, I'm still mad and cussing about the pick
Yeah I’m not happy. I’d love to be wrong and would be more than willing to admit it if it happens. I’d have loved him…at 32. I’m scared Briere will go waaayyy off the board at 32. There are still some interesting options though

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm so deflated after that pick. I don't even want to watch the 32nd pick, what's the point.

I had some hope Connelly might be available at 32. I guess I do really like Stiga, Basha, Freij. They’re all clearly better than Luchanko. Still sub-elite.

Naysayers ask if we want to be Buffalo. When Michkov’s era ends like it did with Eichel, we will be.

Reactions: freakydallas13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad