GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
If Friedman is right and #12, #32 and Avs pick was "too much" for Briere...

well Briere is driving a hard bargain.

As that is a very fair trade vs league value and likely player outcome. Flyers take on more "risk" but higher chance of a star.

There is a trade to be made here, if this is the case. 12/32/Avs pick I’m in, contingent on Demidov being there.

Maybe CBJ settles for their 2nd rd pick returned instead of Avs pick

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
There is a trade to be made here, if this is the case. 12/32/Avs pick I’m in, contingent on Demidov being there.

Maybe CBJ settles for their 2nd rd pick returned instead of Avs pick

I doubt CBJ would as unless no-one in their FO can do maths then 12+32+51 for 4 is likely to end up favouring the Flyers.

At least with 12+32+~25-32? Blue Jackets get probably slightly more chance of a higher number of NHL games played... but less chance of a star. Evening it out.

Reactions: BiggE and Tarpongg

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
I doubt CBJ would as unless no-one in their FO can do maths then 12+32+51 for 4 is likely to end up favouring the Flyers.

At least with 12+32+~25-32? Blue Jackets get probably slightly more chance of a higher number of NHL games played... but less chance of a star. Evening it out.

I meant CBJ’s 2nd rd pick which the flyers are owed this year or next, not 51

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Where is Demidov projected to go now? Is it possible that he slips out of the top 5?
Doubtful. I said it in the previous thread, but I will reiterate it here. Grant McCagg says a lot of stuff(Lots of Michkov Slander since the 23 draft), but despite that there is 1 thing Grant is typically extremely accurate with...and that is the Habs. In a class with no concensus Grant mocked them taking Slaf. Last year despite fans begging for Michkov Grant mocked them to take Rein(insert the correct spelling here)er. I'm pretty sure he used to be employed by them and probably still knows a bunch of guys working for them. If Grant McCagg is saying the habs will take Demidov if available, It is safe to assume that Montreal will do so

pooch

May 30, 2017
I'd even make that trade for Buium if he was there at 4. 12, 32, Col 1st (and Laughton if that's who they want, but not Farabee).

Reactions: Tarpongg

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
They should be open to moving Florida and Colorados picks bc they can easilly replace one of them in a Laughton deal.

Trade 12, 32, and Col 1st for 4. Maybe play the sympathy card n get them to take Atkinson too.

Then trade Laughton for a 2025 1st and TK to buffalo in a seal that gets you 11.

Demidov-Catton-Michkov
Farabee-Frost-Foerster
Tippett-Couts-Brink
Cates-Poehling-Hathaway

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
They should be open to moving Florida and Colorados picks bc they can easilly replace one of them in a Laughton deal.

Trade 12, 32, and Col 1st for 4. Maybe play the sympathy card n get them to take Atkinson too.

Then trade Laughton for a 2025 1st and TK to buffalo in a seal that gets you 11.

Demidov-Catton-Michkov
Farabee-Frost-Foerster
Tippett-Couts-Brink
Cates-Poehling-Hathaway
Buffalo traded their 11OA to SJ. I also think TK alone is worth 7 OA

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
12, 32, and the Colorado first is acceptable.

All pending who the roster player is. If that’s Farabee, that’s potentially another first rounder from a playoff team come the deadline in ‘25.

Not so thrilled about that.

If be interested if they asked about Jiricek, thought I read he may be unhappy there. Would be curious what the ask would be to expand the offer - assume it’s the Flyers own ‘25 first round pick.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sounds like its either he goes 2 or 5 depending on what Chicago does he could slide down to Montreal
All signs are that he's not going to Chicago. Multiple people have said the draft starts a 4 right now.

As Jojo said Hawks are out, Its Levshunov from all indications at #2 (Big disappointment that is choice Hawks have made)

Duck speculation is all over the place (Silayev, Buium, Sennecke, etc) but generally is that Demidov is not guy

So Blue Jackets are in prime spot to trade down for haul if they wish

Last edited:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Will the flyers actually select the 36th this year? Legit question. I’ve been so out of the loop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad