OT: 2024 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Saleh at the wheel!

I’m actually encouraged as far as Rodgers goes. He didn’t show any limitations physically and any missed throws seemed way more about rust than current ability. A couple drops too. But they couldn’t run the ball at all - we’ll see if that’s because they were playing a good 49ers defense or it’s a continuing issue. My bet is on the former.

The defense though, woof. Absolutely shredded by some no name RB. Did they put a hand on Purdy all night? It was embarrassing.
lol what?

the cops threw him on the ground to cuff him, and then the one tried to tackle/choke him after that. Plus, what they did to Calais Campbell (one of the literal nicest athletes there are, and a former Walter Payton man of the year).

I can't believe someone would have this take.
Guy’s first words to cops pulling him over is to repeatedly yell “don’t touch my window!” twenty times. Hill was acting like a moron and was the first one to escalate the situation. The cops were too quick to grab him and toss him, sure I’ll agree with that. But he gave them the opportunity by arguing repeatedly and then refusing to lower his window. He’s a clown.

We also have no idea at this stage how recklessly he was driving.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Guy’s first words to cops pulling him over is to repeatedly yell “don’t touch my window!” twenty times. Hill was acting like a moron and was the first one to escalate the situation. The cops were too quick to grab him and toss him, sure I’ll agree with that. But he gave them the opportunity by arguing repeatedly and then refusing to lower his window. He’s a clown.

I certainly think the cops were overly aggressive, but this is spot on.

Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to roll up tinted windows on cops during a traffic stop?

All he had to do was keep the window down, keep his hands where the cops can see them and be somewhat respectful (and even that last part is optional) and it's just a routine traffic stop. Yeah, the cops should've certainly handled things better and not escalated the situation to that level or been that physical, but much of the media (and certainly the Dolphins organization itself) seems to be giving Hill a free pass for his actions.

Am curious to hear what he was pulled over for originally.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Saleh at the wheel!

I’m actually encouraged as far as Rodgers goes. He didn’t show any limitations physically and any missed throws seemed way more about rust than current ability. A couple drops too. But they couldn’t run the ball at all - we’ll see if that’s because they were playing a good 49ers defense or it’s a continuing issue. My bet is on the former.

The defense though, woof. Absolutely shredded by some no name RB. Did they put a hand on Purdy all night? It was embarrassing.

it is the COPS JOB to de-escalate a situation. He gave them his license and insurance. There is no law that says he has to keep the window up. That is fine if it bothered the cop, but he had literally no reason to drag him out of the car for a traffic violation.

And to top it off, they put Calais Campbell, maybe the nicest man in the NFL by all accounts, in handcuffs too for simply standing off to the side asking what is wrong.

I absolutely loathe Tyreek Hill, but the cops are 100000% in the wrong.

We DO know how "recklessly" he was driving lol it was on one of the cameras when they first pulled him over. They said he was going 100 mph when it was maybe half that.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Look, I hate Tyreek Hill and I hate the Dolphins, but he's not in the wrong here. It's not illegal to be a dick and it's not illegal to be irritated by the police. You can clearly hear Tyreek saying "fine man, just give me the ticket" but that clearly wasn't enough. The cop felt entitled to a certain type of behavior for no reason and then acted like a pissy little baby when the Tyreek didn't want to play his game.

Two officers are seen pushing Hill to the ground while another officer stands over. Hill is heard saying, “I’m getting arrested” multiple times, and the one officer physically restraining him says, “When we tell you to do something, you do it. You understand? You understand? Not what you want, but what we tell you. You’re a little f**cking confused.” Link
Over what, rolling down a window? That is extremely f***ing unacceptable, he's clearly on a power trip looking to exert control over someone else. Civilians are not playthings that you get to bend to will and punish if they don't.

Having to pass a game of Simon Says every time you get pulled over just so some punk bitch with an ego and a gun doesn't end your life for hurting his feelings is not how a healthy society behaves.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
it is the COPS JOB to de-escalate a situation. He gave them his license and insurance. There is no law that says he has to keep the window up. That is fine if it bothered the cop, but he had literally no reason to drag him out of the car for a traffic violation.

And to top it off, they put Calais Campbell, maybe the nicest man in the NFL by all accounts, in handcuffs too for simply standing off to the side asking what is wrong.

I absolutely loathe Tyreek Hill, but the cops are 100000% in the wrong.

We DO know how "recklessly" he was driving lol it was on one of the cameras when they first pulled him over. They said he was going 100 mph when it was maybe half that.
I love how you keep trying to divert the conversation to Calais Campbell - pretty much a tacit admission you can’t defend Hill clearly being the original source of escalation.

As for Campbell, heavy-handed for sure. But conversing with you on this, it’s almost like you’ve never had a police interaction before lol. They tend to react (and overreact) when you don’t follow commands, especially when you intercede in an ongoing action you aren’t a part of. They released him within a few minutes and as far as I know he wasn’t cited for anything.

Like I said, the cops are not bathing themselves in glory. And yet, the fact remains that is also exceedingly true for Tyreek Hill. Somebody that isn’t actively trying to escalate the situation just rolls down the damn window, whether it’s the letter of the law or not. His goal from the jump was the escalate and generally be a jackass.

Yes, he was cited for 60mph in a 40mph zone. So speeding and upgraded to careless driving - aka, a lawful stop.

Look, I hate Tyreek Hill and I hate the Dolphins, but he's not in the wrong here. It's not illegal to be a dick and it's not illegal to be irritated by the police. You can clearly hear Tyreek saying "fine man, just give me the ticket" but that clearly wasn't enough. The cop felt entitled to a certain type of behavior for no reason and then acted like a pissy little baby when the Tyreek didn't want to play his game.

Over what, rolling down a window? That is extremely f***ing unacceptable, he's clearly on a power trip looking to exert control over someone else. Civilians are not playthings that you get to bend to will and punish if they don't.

Having to pass a game of Simon Says every time you get pulled over just so some punk bitch with an ego and a gun doesn't end your life for hurting his feelings is not how a healthy society behaves.
Again, no one is defending the cops flipping to physical force at the drop of a hat.

But that should not be confused with defending Tyreek Hill for (in your words) being a dick. Human nature says when you act like a dick, especially to people with already existing and inflated sense of authority, you get “being a dick” back.

The refusing to roll down the window was the second part of the interaction. The first was Hill acting like the guy stomped on his Faberge egg collection because he lightly knocked on his window before the cop even said a word.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
it is not Tyreek's job to de-escalate the situation. That is literally the job of the police officer. Tyreek kept his window down, which is not an illegal act.

The "well just comply!" stuff needs to get the f*** out of here. The fact that police overreact is THE ENTIRE PROBLEM that we're talking about.

if you think that going 60 in a 40 means the cops have the right to handcuff you and throw you on the ground and then basically tackle you, that is a you problem.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
it is not Tyreek's job to de-escalate the situation. That is literally the job of the police officer. Tyreek kept his window down, which is not an illegal act.

The "well just comply!" stuff needs to get the f*** out of here. The fact that police overreact is THE ENTIRE PROBLEM that we're talking about.

if you think that going 60 in a 40 means the cops have the right to handcuff you and throw you on the ground and then basically tackle you, that is a you problem.

The cops were overly aggressive and absolutely should've done more to de-escalate the situation, but a little bit of common sense on Tyreek's part here would've gone a long way.

That you are absolving Tyreek of ANY responsibility in escalating this situation is ridiculous. Even if his actions after the stop weren't illegal, yelling at cops to stop knocking on your window and to just give you a damn ticket, rolling up a tinted window so they can no longer see your hands and refusing to roll it back down is just idiotic. He was acting like an entitled brat and provoked the situation. Did he deserve to get dragged out of the car and tossed to the ground for it - no. But continuing to put absolutely zero onus on how citizens interact with the police isn't right either - even if it was an overreaction by the officers, Hill could've easily just done what 99% of the rest of the population does and just kept his window down and treated them with an ounce of respect and been on his way a few minutes later with a speeding citation at the worst or maybe they would've even just let him go.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The cops were overly aggressive and absolutely should've done more to de-escalate the situation, but a little bit of common sense on Tyreek's part here would've gone a long way.

That you are absolving Tyreek of ANY responsibility in escalating this situation is ridiculous. Even if his actions after the stop weren't illegal, yelling at cops to stop knocking on your window and to just give you a damn ticket, rolling up a tinted window so they can no longer see your hands and refusing to roll it back down is just idiotic. He was acting like an entitled brat and provoked the situation. Did he deserve to get dragged out of the car and tossed to the ground for it - no. But continuing to put absolutely zero onus on how citizens interact with the police isn't right either - even if it was an overreaction by the officers, Hill could've easily just done what 99% of the rest of the population does and just kept his window down and treated them with an ounce of respect and been on his way a few minutes later with a speeding citation at the worst or maybe they would've even just let him go.

The whole issue is that situation could've been way worse if that guy they had wasn't Tyreek Hill. If it was a random person, who knows how far that thing would've went? I despise Hill but I don't think he did something overly dumb there. He's not the one who's supposed to remain calm and sensible in that situation. That's the cop's job. That comes with the job, you have to be level headed even if you're being met with aggression or non compliance.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The whole issue is that situation could've been way worse if that guy they had wasn't Tyreek Hill. If it was a random person, who knows how far that thing would've went? I despise Hill but I don't think he did something overly dumb there. He's not the one who's supposed to remain calm and sensible in that situation. That's the cop's job. That comes with the job, you have to be level headed even if you're being met with aggression or non compliance.

So the whole issue is that something that didn't actually happen maybe could've happened?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I love how you keep trying to divert the conversation to Calais Campbell - pretty much a tacit admission you can’t defend Hill clearly being the original source of escalation.

As for Campbell, heavy-handed for sure. But conversing with you on this, it’s almost like you’ve never had a police interaction before lol. They tend to react (and overreact) when you don’t follow commands, especially when you intercede in an ongoing action you aren’t a part of. They released him within a few minutes and as far as I know he wasn’t cited for anything.

Like I said, the cops are not bathing themselves in glory. And yet, the fact remains that is also exceedingly true for Tyreek Hill. Somebody that isn’t actively trying to escalate the situation just rolls down the damn window, whether it’s the letter of the law or not. His goal from the jump was the escalate and generally be a jackass.

Yes, he was cited for 60mph in a 40mph zone. So speeding and upgraded to careless driving - aka, a lawful stop.

Again, no one is defending the cops flipping to physical force at the drop of a hat.

But that should not be confused with defending Tyreek Hill for (in your words) being a dick. Human nature says when you act like a dick, especially to people with already existing and inflated sense of authority, you get “being a dick” back.

The refusing to roll down the window was the second part of the interaction. The first was Hill acting like the guy stomped on his Faberge egg collection because he lightly knocked on his window before the cop even said a word.

In most cases, I would agree with you. But when you're a public servant and doing a job where you're welding a deadly weapon on your hip, I disagree wholeheartedly, you have to be level headed in that case no matter. Tyreek's being a dick? Ok, let him continue being a dick on your body camera. In that case, whatever you do, your body camera has your back to what he's doing and if it gets to the point of a physical altercation then you'd be allowed to do what you want if Tyreek starts it.

So the whole issue is that something that didn't actually happen maybe could've happened?

I mean, sure? People are looking at the incident and saying if it happened to a superstar NFL player then what's going to happen if I do something that a cop deems as "non compliance" which could be a subjective thing in the first place if we really want to think about it

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
And yeah like someone said earlier they put Campbell and Smith in handcuffs too because they were checking up on a teammate, like what are we doing as a society if shit like that is happening lol. Campbell has won the Walter Payton Man of the Year award before, he's not going to be someone who'll hurt a fly let alone do something to put himself in cuffs lol

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
In most cases, I would agree with you. But when you're a public servant and doing a job where you're welding a deadly weapon on your hip, I disagree wholeheartedly, you have to be level headed in that case no matter. Tyreek's being a dick? Ok, let him continue being a dick on your body camera. In that case, whatever you do, your body camera has your back to what he's doing and if it gets to the point of a physical altercation then you'd be allowed to do what you want if Tyreek starts it.

Cops definitely did not handle it well, though the one thing I will say in their defense is that rolling up a tinted window does put them in greater danger as you can no longer see the driver's hands.

I mean, sure? People are looking at the incident and saying if it happened to a superstar NFL player then what's going to happen if I do something that a cop deems as "non compliance" which could be a subjective thing in the first place if we really want to think about it

I suppose maybe he gets hauled off in cuffs if he wasn't an NFL player. Fortunately, this is an easily avoidable situation for us commoners. I've been pulled over maybe 7-8 times in my life and I've always just pulled over to safe location, turned off the car, opened the window, turned on the dome lights if it was dark and spoken to the cop calmly. Never crossed my mind to not follow any of those steps.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Cops definitely did not handle it well, though the one thing I will say in their defense is that rolling up a tinted window does put them in greater danger as you can no longer see the driver's hands.

I suppose maybe he gets hauled off in cuffs if he wasn't an NFL player. Fortunately, this is an easily avoidable situation for us commoners. I've been pulled over maybe 7-8 times in my life and I've always just pulled over to safe location, turned off the car, opened the window, turned on the dome lights if it was dark and spoken to the cop calmly. Never crossed my mind to not follow any of those steps.

I get that, maybe Tyreek was annoyed with the whole situation in the first place and wanted to get to the game. I'm sure if he had a replay of that, he doesn't do that again but who knows?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Back in the Stone Age when I was in law school we were in a bar near NYU. One of the guys with us that night was friend who was a big dude. Easily 6'3" and a hard core weightlifter. You wouldn't want to mess with him. Well he was drunk and messed with the bouncer and the bar called the police. I was in the back of the bar which was reasonably sized and when the police came in they yelled "everybody down" and then proceeded to start swinging their batons. It was really intimidating and they didn't try to see what was going on first and frankly nothing was happening. There was one big scary guy in the whole place and a bunch of stereotypical students in their early 20s. Our friend was probably a bit threatening but it didn't escalate so it must have passed quickly. Point being, police in my experience have been overreacting for a long time.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Literally and very explicitly not what I said. But knowing you and your penchant for misrepresentation and exaggerated half-truths, I really have no interest in further back and forth.

Reactions: Billdo and HBK27

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

both parties are at fault here and thats ok to say. to claim that hill or insert any person doesnt have the responsibility to remain clam and sensible? thats a total joke legally does he have to? nah he can act like a clown and not calm but then the cops are going to be justified in thinking there is more going on then there is the classic FAFO meme.

does he have to keep the window down legally? probably not but being its limo level tint thats not helping the cause and cops will claim "safety" which imo is just there.

as for that other guy that pulled over ahead of the scene? he should be ticketed and again imo rightfully detained until the cops knew who he was and what he was doing. you can't just pull over on a random traffic stop like that

police encounters are like the internet. never once did anyone online get someone to change their mind on a topic. much like a bystander injecting themselves in arrest or whatever convince the cops to stop what they are doing.

side note tinted windows should be illegal and i know they are in some areas (rarely enforced) but its crazy that even cops have them now.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
both parties are at fault here and thats ok to say. to claim that hill or insert any person doesnt have the responsibility to remain clam and sensible? thats a total joke legally does he have to? nah he can act like a clown and not calm but then the cops are going to be justified in thinking there is more going on then there is the classic FAFO meme.

does he have to keep the window down legally? probably not but being its limo level tint thats not helping the cause and cops will claim "safety" which imo is just there.

as for that other guy that pulled over ahead of the scene? he should be ticketed and again imo rightfully detained until the cops knew who he was and what he was doing. you can't just pull over on a random traffic stop like that

police encounters are like the internet. never once did anyone online get someone to change their mind on a topic. much like a bystander injecting themselves in arrest or whatever convince the cops to stop what they are doing.

side note tinted windows should be illegal and i know they are in some areas (rarely enforced) but its crazy that even cops have them now.

You do realize how this sounds right? A cop can use anything in that instance and say that the civilian wasn't being cooperative. They're supposed to have a much better sense of calm and ability to deescalate a situation.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Back in the Stone Age when I was in law school we were in a bar near NYU. One of the guys with us that night was friend who was a big dude. Easily 6'3" and a hard core weightlifter. You wouldn't want to mess with him. Well he was drunk and messed with the bouncer and the bar called the police. I was in the back of the bar which was reasonably sized and when the police came in they yelled "everybody down" and then proceeded to start swinging their batons. It was really intimidating and they didn't try to see what was going on first and frankly nothing was happening. There was one big scary guy in the whole place and a bunch of stereotypical students in their early 20s. Our friend was probably a bit threatening but it didn't escalate so it must have passed quickly. Point being, police in my experience have been overreacting for a long time.

NYPD cops tend to overreact but they do deal with a ton of bullshit in the city.I think it has to do with the requirements as a whole with the job and some people think of it as a true backup plan if they don't get into college. There was a time where I wanted to become a cop but I didn't think the job would be the worth the stress it comes with so I give cops props but at the same time there's definitely cops in the force who are power-hungry and should be vetted better.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
lol what?

the cops threw him on the ground to cuff him, and then the one tried to tackle/choke him after that. Plus, what they did to Calais Campbell (one of the literal nicest athletes there are, and a former Walter Payton man of the year).

I can't believe someone would have this take.
They didn't just throw him on the ground to cuff him for no reason. They also didn't try to "tackle/choke" him for no reason. I get that it's def more of a cops being over the top problem but Hill is not without fault here.

Campbell has no right to stop at someone else's traffic stop. His NFL accolades don't mean anything. They probably had no idea who he was. He also failed to identify himself a whole bunch of times when they asked for his ID. (I think it was him at least in the video)

The bottom line to me is Hill was a dick when the stop happened and then the cops all spiraled out of control which CANNOT happen.

Reactions: HBK27

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
They didn't just throw him on the ground to cuff him for no reason. They also didn't try to "tackle/choke" him for no reason. I get that it's def more of a cops being over the top problem but Hill is not without fault here.

Campbell has no right to stop at someone else's traffic stop. His NFL accolades don't mean anything. They probably had no idea who he was. He also failed to identify himself a whole bunch of times when they asked for his ID. (I think it was him at least in the video)

The bottom line to me is Hill was a dick when the stop happened and then the cops all spiraled out of control which CANNOT happen.

They threw him on the ground and cuffed him because he wouldnt roll down his window after being pulled over for speeding (after giving his information to the cops, mind you). Do you believe that warrants such force? If you do, then we have nothing further to discuss.

Campbell has every right to stop on the side of the road lol the cops can't just decide who can stand where on public property. That is nonsense. He doesn't have to identify himself. He didn't do anything wrong. That is the entire point.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
You do realize how this sounds right? A cop can use anything in that instance and say that the civilian wasn't being cooperative. They're supposed to have a much better sense of calm and ability to deescalate a situation.

i dont think asking for him to roll and keep tinted windows down is out of the box crazy thing to ask for. hill not being calm and cool raised the situation level.

during a traffic stop its on both parties to remain calm and civilized not just on the cops to deescalate. the person being stopped is literally breaking and they aren't supposed to be calm and cool? if the stop is legit or not? thats TBD and isn't something that is going to change on the side of the road during the stop.

if you get stopped and feel its unjust comply with the orders given and go fight it in court.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billdo

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_2305.png

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Dunno why Hill didnt keep the window down, that initiated the whole sequence. Obv a lot of things going through his mind, being a public figure and all, but still, not that hard to follow orders from the police.

Not a fan of the police going 0 to 100 on him and wrestling the dude on the ground, there should be better ways (and i know there is, Finnish/Nordic police would never do that). That said, have seen videos of ex athletes throwing Finnish police officers around, Tyreek is visibly in great physical condition, perhaps one of the reasons why three officers were over him.

On the topic:

Got my Jayden Daniels jersey in the mail, let's go Commanders!

First time wearing a football jersey. These things are awful for drinking beer! Tight on the shoulder/upper arm area since im not wearing shoulder pads lol

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad