OT: 2024 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
bears D won the game for them today. blocked punt and interception for TDs

comeback down 3-17 to win 24-17

offense was bad though. only 3 FG

passing yards ... 64 yds

rushing yards ... 84 yds

Last edited:

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
Tyreek Hill body cam footage doesn’t look good for him.

I would consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur of police body cam footage and, yea not a good idea to roll up your window during a traffic stop when you have tinted windows. Cops tend to not like that.

That initial officer made no attempt to deescalate in response to Hill’s combativeness. He felt his authority was being challenged and decided to just start with an argument instead.

Reactions: HBK27

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Tyreek Hill body cam footage doesn’t look good for him.

lol what?

the cops threw him on the ground to cuff him, and then the one tried to tackle/choke him after that. Plus, what they did to Calais Campbell (one of the literal nicest athletes there are, and a former Walter Payton man of the year).

I can't believe someone would have this take.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The thing about being a jets fan is they don’t break your heart, they just embarrass you. They fall so insanely short of expectations that you just feel absolutely humiliated to have ever thought there was a chance your team could be anything but awful.

I don’t know if there’s another team in major professional North American sports that compares.

Reactions: My3Sons

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The Jets have a lot of the other pieces in place, but then inexplicably decided to gamble on a QB with one foot out of the league. Rodgers doesn’t look like he has it tonight. Remains to be seen if he can recapture his old form later in the season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Jets have a lot of the other pieces in place, but then inexplicably decided to gamble on a QB with one foot out of the league. Rodgers doesn’t look like he has it tonight. Remains to be seen if he can recapture his old form later in the season.
Rodgers and the offense actually looks a f***ton better than our GREAT defense with how little they've had the ball after the Niners have just had SEVEN...STRAIGHT scoring drives. They got absolutely emasculated and look like a shell of what they were last year without Huff/Reddick to pass rush.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Rodgers and the offense actually looks a f***ton better than our GREAT defense with how little they've had the ball after the Niners have just had SEVEN...STRAIGHT scoring drives. They got absolutely emasculated and look like a shell of what they were last year without Huff/Reddick to pass rush.

Their run D was garbage last year, they got rid of JFM and added no one to really help the situation. Niners are the most methodical offense in the league, that's what we saw today. The TOP was disgusting. Jets have to win the next 3, they're all layups for how bad the teams are.

The thing about being a jets fan is they don’t break your heart, they just embarrass you. They fall so insanely short of expectations that you just feel absolutely humiliated to have ever thought there was a chance your team could be anything but awful.

I don’t know if there’s another team in major professional North American sports that compares.

They just lost to arguably the best team in the league, a bit hyperbole here, lol. If they lose to the Titans, Patriots and Vikings coming up then yeah say it again. Them playing catch up v an elite Niners team was always gonna to be a bad thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Better Call Sal

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
lol what?

the cops threw him on the ground to cuff him, and then the one tried to tackle/choke him after that. Plus, what they did to Calais Campbell (one of the literal nicest athletes there are, and a former Walter Payton man of the year).

I can't believe someone would have this take.
I’ve watched only the clip up to when he’s down on the ground. Both parties here are supposed to act as examples to the community and I feel neither acted 100% accordingly. I wish the police officer was able to deescalate but Hill did a good job of the opposite himself.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah, I'm not going to get too upset as a Jets fan after tonight. The run defense got embarrassed, but the 49ers have the best offensive gameplanning head coach in the league. Huff or Reddick wouldn't have made a difference when they were bleeding solid run plays all night long.

They also did no favors with Lazard dropping an easy first down on the first drive of the game forcing a punt, and then Breece fumbling immediately on the next drive to give the 49ers field goal position. Two chances at potential longer drives, and they kicked themselves in the dick.

I'm not worried yet. As mentioned above, their schedule is pretty soft these next few weeks. They should be motivated to take care of business. I expect them to be better this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad