CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Richmond finish and subsequent penalties to be announced TUE;

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

“I don’t know man, it’s been two years and this is the first car I’ve had a shot to win,” Dillon said when asked if his actions were fair by NBC.​
"I felt like with two to go, we were the fastest car ... I hate to do that but sometimes you just got to have it. I have to thank the good Lord above. It's been tough over the last two years, man. I care about [Richard Childress Racing], my wife, and this is my first ... it means a lot. I hate it, but I had to do it."​
Logano was quick to call out what Dillon did.​
"That's chickensh*t, there's no doubt about it," Logano said. "Four car lengths back, not even close, then he wrecks [Hamlin] to go along with it and he's going to go up there and praise God and everything with his baby, it's a bunch of BS, it's not even close."​

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I actually think this uproar from the drivers and some fans about what Dillion did is ridiculous. Was it great and do I love him doing that? No, But we have seen Ross Chastain and Denny Hamlin and Logano (the two whiners from yesterday) do something like that how many times?
And more importantly, this wasnt some guy who was running like 10-15th and just decided to go demolition derby on the final lap. Dillon was running top 5 most of the day, led almost 40 laps I believe and he was pulling away while in the lead in the last 5 laps. He was winning the race until the typical nonsense caution in the last two laps involving lapped cars that had nothing to do with him changes everything with a caution. He was going to win the race and should have won the race.
What Nascar should be looking at is not what Dillon did but what they can do about these ridiculous meaningless cautions near the end of almost every race that ruins what a driver has accomplished while running green to take a big lead.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I actually think this uproar from the drivers and some fans about what Dillion did is ridiculous. Was it great and do I love him doing that? No, But we have seen Ross Chastain and Denny Hamlin and Logano (the two whiners from yesterday) do something like that how many times?
And more importantly, this wasnt some guy who was running like 10-15th and just decided to go demolition derby on the final lap. Dillon was running top 5 most of the day, led almost 40 laps I believe and he was pulling away while in the lead in the last 5 laps. He was winning the race until the typical nonsense caution in the last two laps involving lapped cars that had nothing to do with him changes everything with a caution. He was going to win the race and should have won the race.
What Nascar should be looking at is not what Dillon did but what they can do about these ridiculous meaningless cautions near the end of almost every race that ruins what a driver has accomplished while running green to take a big lead.
yes, everybody has done what Dillon did at every national level coming up, but the 41/47 incident has to be granted.... it is a legit caution..... not debris caution.... typically one stage is chaos.... but likely because of the forced break since INDY... it was tame, regardless of the tire option.... which when it was introduced at Wilkesboro... wasn't much of a race despite it being no points w/ Logano dusting the field.... the only issue was Truex and his engine issue , which has become a point of issue for TRD as to why their valves are failing in their cars or is it JGR pushing the issue by doing something that's making the engines pop valves as the 54 had that issue in consecutive weeks prior to the break...

Pockrass article post Richmond;

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
yes, everybody has done what Dillon did at every national level coming up, but the 41/47 incident has to be granted.... it is a legit caution..... not debris caution.... typically one stage is chaos.... but likely because of the forced break since INDY... it was tame, regardless of the tire option.... which when it was introduced at Wilkesboro... wasn't much of a race despite it being no points w/ Logano dusting the field.... the only issue was Truex and his engine issue , which has become a point of issue for TRD as to why their valves are failing in their cars or is it JGR pushing the issue by doing something that's making the engines pop valves as the 54 had that issue in consecutive weeks prior to the break...

Pockrass article post Richmond;

I agree this was a legit caution but this is happening almost every week. Many times there are no cautions for 40-50 laps or more and then suddenly there always seems to be one with two laps to go before there would be an overtime. And they almost always involve lapped cars, not guys battling for the lead. None of these cautions are ever suspicious with back deals being made or helping a teammate out?
Also Nascar is so sketchy with their caution decisions to begin with. Like in the previous race when Larson led 7 laps the whole race and the two cars behind him were gaining and they wait to the throw the caution until after the white flag ending the race.
Long story short I have no problem with what Dillion did and I am not even a fan of his. But he deserved to win that race.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
another great listen is Kenny Wallace.... between the conversations and the coffee piece..... and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio which has the interviews that Race Hub was famous for in its 14 yr run....

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Richmond fallout announced:

3-Dillon keeps win; but is sequestered as a race winner; the win is not playoff automatic advance; team also loses 25 driver/owner points and Brandon Benesch gets a 3 week suspension;

full report:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad