Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's too bad there aren't any practices like that for adults playing recreational hockey. I still find it a lot of fun.

Man look at that beautiful low kick snap shot. Hoping Heineman stays healthy, he has good physical tools.
That was the shot and the spot when he first hit Laval.
It looked like he was a no brainer for the big club the following season.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Anyone know if these are regular games or are they doing that 2 period thing with shoot out at the end?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Good interviews.
Damn I don't know if we are going to fall in love with Luke Tuch but I guarantee you the girls will. :heart:
I'm with the Admiral. Florian's game is more of an in your face and this ice belongs to me style of play.
I'm interested to see how much his skating has improved and playing center should bring that out.
We are in for a very entertaining season if the Lads can all stay healthy.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think you should also be scared that one of those baby leafs doesn’t try to make a name for himself by flattening one of our several tiny players like the prized Hutson.

We’re not playing the Sisters of Saint Mary’s.

Hutson?

2woUjog.gif

I'm not scared about that at all.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I know Cowan doesn't mean much lol but he is convinced 100% the Habs will give a spot to both Mailloux and Hutson on day 1.

That would be increidible. According to him, unless something changes the defense is set as:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Barron/Struble

Reinbacher- Engstrom to Laval to play 20-25 mins, PP and PK.
I'm so much more excited to see Mailloux instead of Barron on the ice. Mailloux is not only big but he's fast, got a good shot, good pass and somewhat mean/tough!

I feel he needs the step up to keep growing at a fast pace where he may stagnate some in the AHL. That pair with X will be feared...

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think you should also be scared that one of those baby leafs doesn’t try to make a name for himself by flattening one of our several tiny players like the prized Hutson.

We’re not playing the Sisters of Saint Mary’s.

Tuch Thorpe and Xhekaj would make sure that Cowan and Minten leave the game in an ambulance if they try that shit.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
I suspect people are over-estimating Florian’s level of physicality to the same extent that they are wholly under-estimating his skill level. The kid’s a bean pole, who will have his moments of physicality and aggression. But his long term value for this team will be what he can do with puck. His ability to transport the puck; his shot; his play making and offensive vision.

Florian’s size and accompanying physical play will be an additional asset when he fills out, but it’s his surprising offensive skill set and above average straight line speed which makes the younger Xhekaj a potential 3rd line player.
My favourite dark horse. Thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah I fell in love with him last year at camp because of his ability to make things happen around him.
His play during the season continued in that vein and I expect even better things out of him this camp.
The fact that we are using him at center gives us a hint of what the brain trust think of him.
We initially thought we were getting a great winger if he morph's into a hard nosed center and can do both what a win.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I think most of us know he grew UP wild last year but has not filled up yet. That's a good reason to play AHL and take prots for now.

That skill level and the lineage shows he has what it takes to be successful in the league. He needs that 15-20# and i don't think anybody here doubt he can make it.

That growth does'nt make him a goon thpugh and I want him to have 20 goals more than 20 fights...

He's quickly gonna be a fan favorite if he lives up to pretty realistic expectations.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm curious as to how many of our Lads show up to watch tomorrow.
That atmosphere has to be addictive and they haven't had a fix for quite a while.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
They have had McDavid and Draisaitl for 9 years and previous to this season nobody would have disagreed with my statement at all. This may very well prove to be their only trip to the finals for all we know.
Almost every team that wins the cup has highly payed top players, it's much more common to win with a star player than a bunch of middling players. Ask Chicago, Pittsburgh or Washington.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I think most of us know he grew UP wild last year but has not filled up yet. That's a good reason to play AHL and take prots for now.

That skill level and the lineage shows he has what it takes to be successful in the league. He needs that 15-20# and i don't think anybody here doubt he can make it.

That growth does'nt make him a goon thpugh and I want him to have 20 goals more than 20 fights...

He's quickly gonna be a fan favorite if he lives up to pretty realistic expectations.
A refreshingly rational approach with respect to this young player’s realistic potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad