Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Vincent saying....that the player can bring his own color....within the team structure. Yeah...well I understand....but still...how do you define Hutson in that context? What his color within a team structure? head fakes...but stay on D? Team structure is so vague....everybody knows that you are not alone on the ice. But having your own color is exactly what getting out of team structure is all about no?
Unless YOU are the team color

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hey guys need a little help. I had hip replacement surgery a week ago and having a little bit of a time with mental acuity still. I know it in this thread somewhere but right now it is overwhelming looking for it so I will just ask. Is there anywhere a westerner can watch the rookie games this weekend. Site and time please. Thanks.

it will be streamed on their youtube channel and I will likely have vids up shortly after it ends both days

Reactions: CHwest and Fenris

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Vincent saying....that the player can bring his own color....within the team structure. Yeah...well I understand....but still...how do you define Hutson in that context? What his color within a team structure? head fakes...but stay on D? Team structure is so vague....everybody knows that you are not alone on the ice. But having your own color is exactly what getting out of team structure is all about no?
It’s no different than when MSL says “play your game WITHIN the game”. He has less structure, more emphasis on IQ and instincts. Hence guys like Anderson can’t keep up

Thank you! Doing well during the day, getting around and not much pain. Nights on the other hand, having a tough time sleeping because of back pain to go with my hip pain, bad disks. Not sleeping well. 😫
Wishing you a quick recovery man✌️

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Xjekaj should have laid his shoulder to the chest there.
Yeah I wish him good luck with that lol

Yeah. Easy to do when Florian can't hit.

Ended up offside. PK flash backs intensify
Yeah that's on him, not the guy skating aimlessly into the zone with his stick positioned in a way that can't possibly receive the pass.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Yes, Guhle should be on the right side.

But who won't be on the left side: Matheson? Hutson? Xhekaj? I see all 3 of them on the left side. So I see Guhle on the right.

Yeah we'll see what happens at camp. Reinbacher, Mailloux or Struble could severely outplay Barron, pushing him to the 7 or even 8 spot. For sure I hope Barron is the best, if for no other reason than to get his trade value up.

I'm still 50/50 if Hutson starts in MTL or Laval. But considering the situation, I'm leaning Hutson in Laval to play a bigger role then MTL.

It will all depends on the camp, but looking at the first 2 days, Mailloux seems to be the most NHL ready.

Reactions: dralaf

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm still 50/50 if Hutson starts in MTL or Laval. But considering the situation, I'm leaning Hutson in Laval to play a bigger role then MTL.

It will all depends on the camp, but looking at the first 2 days, Mailloux seems to be the most NHL ready.

Yes, as they say, I think camp and preseason will see the players make the decisions for managment by their play.

Reactions: Mudz

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Yes, it’s what I meant. Also evaluate how much offence Engstrom and Reinbacher can provide

Reinbacher is also the closest thing to Engstrom. Similar type of player living the same new hurdles that Reinbacher already went tru.

Curious to see how Endstrom looks tomorrow, it will be my first time watching him.

Reactions: bcv

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
If this was a full prospect list, including anyone in the NHL that was drafted by the Hughes regime.

Slafkovsky-Hage-Demidov
Eriksson-Beck-Roy
Farrell-Kapanen-Heineman
Tuch-Xhekaj-Thorpe
Davidson-Kidney-Mesar

Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Barron
Engstrom-Mailloux
Struble-Konyushkov
Trudeau-Protz

Fowler
Dobes
Volokhin
I think in the end, both Koivu and Sawyer will be regarded as better prospects than some on this depth chart. And with three first round and four second choices over the next two years, this depth chart will be changing materially over the coming years.

Reactions: Andrei79

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
To be fair, before Suzuki and CC, more often than not, the puck would end up in the seats on a play like that. If a player hit the goal post, we'd be excited AF, "look we almost scored there!"
I don’t miss the “high and wide” days. Speaking of which, gotta love that the Leafs signed Craparetty to a pto. I can’t stand that guy.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Pretty sure you're overthinking this.

Caufield is expected to shoot from everywhere, Slaf is expected to play heavy, Suzuki is just as good at scoring as he is at playmaking... but they all respect the team's system/concepts, overall.

He is already looking better than Matheson :D
It's wild how erratic and flawed Matheson can be AND he got 62 points.

It's almost disappointing he's Montreal-born, should have been traded for a king's ransom at the TDL

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I’ll tune in to watch F.Xhekaj mog the lil leafs babies

I’m as hyped for big lil bro Xhekaj as any other at camp.

Florian gang

1000008616.jpg

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
He is absolutely correct, as the Leafs and Oilers are evidence of how hard it is to win while being so top heavy. They struggle to fill out their roster with good players and are too reliant on a few players to carry the entire load.
The Oilers were 2 goals away from winning the cup with Skinner as their goalie, I don't think they count here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad