Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You can always count on Stu Cowan to ask creepy and non-relevant questions.

Smdh

“Where in the city are you going to live in?”
“Are you going to have a roommate?”
“Is your mom a good cook?”

1726165388012.gif

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
You can always count on Stu Cowan to ask creepy and non-relevant questions.

Smdh

“Where in the city are you going to live in?”
“Are you going to have a roommate?”
“Is your mom a good cook?”

View attachment 906625

I think Mesar needs some serious Media training, he's too honest. He's sharing too much information of how he's thinking and thats going to hurt him in the long run

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He's getting paid to ask these questions.

These players are nice, I would have given him the “next question” stare.

It's the Habs clipping it and posting it with the cringe text that made me laugh. He's gonna get chirped about it for sure.

I wouldn't tell everyone mom is coming over to live with me. Especially as an undersized rookie with a baby face ☠️

• Haha
Reactions: 417

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
In today’s NHL, the only teams that will contend are those (whom) players understand how a cap works.

I.e.:
It is insane, pure insanity, That Draisatl is about to make $14M.. he is worth nowhere near that. McDavid should be the top paid player in the league at max $12m/yr. Every other player is replaceable. This is why the Habs are positioned correctly to contend. Apx $8m/yr for your top 3.. Leafs have proven how useless overpaying players become..

As far as i care, if "any" player pulls a Mitch Marner with my team, his ass is traded before i stir my morning coffee.. no and, ifs or buts.. let them go make their money with some other loser franchise run by an uneducated ex player.

Similar to CC... when he was holding out, i wanted him gone.. never, but ever should the Habs "negotiate" above fair market value.. doing so kills your team. Looking back, i would have been fine getting rid of him.. he has still, yet to have proven anything.. snipe away on the PP, does nothing come playoffs.
He had 12 pts in 20 games as a rookie in the playoffs and the Habs haven't made the playoffs since then.

If that's "does nothing come playoffs" for you, I don't know what to say.

Crosby has yet to sign his extension, I guess he's a player you wouldn't want on your team either.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mailloux is a 2021 pick while Reinbacher is a 2023 pick. One is more ready. It won't hurt Reinbacher to ride the AHL buses for a while playing 20+ minutes per night. Mailloux appears to be a seriously stout young man, it will be fun to see him fighting for a spot this training camp.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He had 12 pts in 20 games as a rookie in the playoffs and the Habs haven't made the playoffs since then.

If that's "does nothing come playoffs" for you, I don't know what to say.

Crosby has yet to sign his extension, I guess he's a player you wouldn't want on your team either.

Caufield also never "held" out, he signed his current contract during the 2023 cup finals, before his previous contract even expired.

Also, aging curves and cap projections are what actually understanding the cap means, not arbitrary and incorrect claims that "McDavid should be the top paid player in the league at max $12m/yr". There's no argument, even ignoring stats, that McDavid is worth that little.

Draisaitl may be overpaid on his next contract, but that's also just what happens for UFA-aged NHL contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad