Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Lmao
You can tell Reinbacher doesn't *love* talking to the media all that much
But he gets through it
All business right now

Lane next
Man he's excited lol

Popcorn will have a tough time with the media. Gives me scoring drought Pacioretty vibes, gets snappy.

Hope he can find more serenity in dealing with the attention.

Reactions: Redux91

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I got 5'10, do I hear 5'11, do I hear 5'11, do I hear 5'10.5

Might just be my eyes but it looks to me like Lane Hutson has grown from 5'10 to 5'10.25
Ive got 5'10.25, do i have 5'10.5? I have 5'10.25 going once, 5'10.25 going twice
5'10.27 actually
We got 5-10.27 !

Do we have 5'10.3 ?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Mesar has matured so much it's awesome.
Reinbacher is Reinbacher.
Logan Mailloux Holy Crap compare this to his interview to last year and the first thing that strikes you is his neck size.
I'm impressed with his demeanor I guess it's to be expected given he has the full year under his belt.
We damn near got through his interview without bringing up needless BS.
Lane is like a child an extremely gifted child.

Beck is such a pro in everything he does, even in front of the media.
Indeed our entire group is soooo mature.
Reinbacher talking about doing his job "OFF THE ICE" when do you ever hear that from kids at his age.

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Again, we saw Brendan Gallagher last year, repeatedly, commit costly penalties that cost the Habs several games last year.

So I don't agree veterans are less likely to mess up than rookies.

They just have more rope to do it.

You're trying to argue that experience doesn't matter, which is absurd. It's undeniable that experience is a valuable asset that helps someone go through situations better in sports and life in general.

Now, there's more to good performance than just having experience, so a 40-year-old veteran with a broken body might not be able to defend better than a 22-year-old. However, if given the choice between the same player, but in his prime vs his rookie year, that player when he is in his prime is much more likely to make the correct decisions than when he was a rookie. A 25-year-old Suzuki is much less likely to mess up than a 20-year-old Suzuki.

Reactions: viceroy

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You're trying to argue that experience doesn't matter, which is absurd. It's undeniable that experience is a valuable asset that helps someone go through situations better in sports and life in general.
Actually, no, that's what you inferred.

No one said experinde isn't a valuable asset, but experience doesn't help win a faceoff in itself.

Its quite possible that Owen Beck is a better faceoff guy than Jake Evans or even Nick Suzuki.
Now, there's more to good performance than just having experience, so a 40-year-old veteran with a broken body might not be able to defend better than a 22-year-old. However, if given the choice between the same player, but in his prime vs his rookie year, that player when he is in his prime is much more likely to make the correct decisions than when he was a rookie. A 25-year-old Suzuki is much less likely to mess up than a 20-year-old Suzuki.
So you understood what I meant? No need for the charade then.

This idea that experienced players are less likely to make mistakes vs younger players is out dated and it really only exists as such in hockey.

In soccer when there's a penalty to be taken, they don't send their most experienced, they send their best PK taker.

The Chicago Bears aren't going to sub out Caleb Williams on a game winning drive to plug in the veteran back up QB.

If we're using the example of the isolated game situation of faceoffs, coaches or most of them, prefer using veterans because it is comfortable for them (the coach), not necessarily because that veteran is a better option than a younger player (unless that young player just totally sucks at said faceoffs).

Its normal to be more at ease with trusting a task to someone you know, rather than someone you're not as familiar with.

I get it. But lets not act like its about anything else.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Not sure if accurate or if someone is standing on a stool but this should give an accurate reference of how tall the shorter guys really are.

The background texts were used as reference to figure out their approximate height

54634534.jpg

Last edited:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
That extra bulk seems to have gone right to his legs as Mailloux looks much faster than last year. To this observer, who has followed this kid's development closely, this is very encouraging . If Mailloux's skating (quickness) can ever catch up to his other skills, we will have something special.
How do you rate his defensive acumen? NHL comparable?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad