Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
In today’s NHL, the only teams that will contend are those (whom) players understand how a cap works.

I.e.:
It is insane, pure insanity, That Draisatl is about to make $14M.. he is worth nowhere near that. McDavid should be the top paid player in the league at max $12m/yr. Every other player is replaceable. This is why the Habs are positioned correctly to contend. Apx $8m/yr for your top 3.. Leafs have proven how useless overpaying players become..
Kinda disagree. Drai's worth is certainly more than any PoS player in the Leafs. The guy is a machine in playoffs (when healthy) and is worth this 14M. I mention the Leafs because there are comparable there, but they are nowhere close to him.

Reactions: themilosh and Mrb1p

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They’ll be releasing these #’s tomorrow:
- height
- weight
- quad diameter

:popcorn:
I'm already getting the vapors

critical-role-crit-role.gif

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That extra bulk seems to have gone right to his legs as Mailloux looks much faster than last year. To this observer, who has followed this kid's development closely, this is very encouraging . If Mailloux's skating (quickness) can ever catch up to his other skills, we will have something special.
I'd be willing to bet he's an easy 220-225 now, he looks real big.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
C'mon Richard show me I wasn't wrong about you.

Thailand? I've personally thought of moving a bit east of Cambodia.

Really like that kid. Gritty and intense.

The weight is for the testes.

Personally I thought Armia had a very solid second half to the season and Gallagher ended the season very well, not enough to justify his contract but still.
Yes Thailand. Moving here would be a dream. My GF doesn't like it enough to be away from family though. (Inb4 thai GF jokes)

Kinda disagree. Drai's worth is certainly more than any PoS player in the Leafs. The guy is a machine in playoffs (when healthy) and is worth this 14M. I mention the Leafs because there are comparable there, but they are nowhere close to him.
Drai is the single best player in the league at times. He's the only one that can hang with Mcdavid and out do him. He carried the Oilers for the first two round and I'd wager Mcdeeznuts wouldn't have won the Connie had he not injured himself against the Canucks.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That extra bulk seems to have gone right to his legs as Mailloux looks much faster than last year. To this observer, who has followed this kid's development closely, this is very encouraging . If Mailloux's skating (quickness) can ever catch up to his other skills, we will have something special.
How quick is Max Pellerin @vachon would know.

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
Similar to CC... when he was holding out, i wanted him gone.. never, but ever should the Habs "negotiate" above fair market value.. doing so kills your team. Looking back, i would have been fine getting rid of him.. he has still, yet to have proven anything.. snipe away on the PP, does nothing come playoffs.
Wait... this can't be about Cole Caufield, right? Please tell me you're talking about someone else?

First, Caufield has never "held out". He signed an extension on June 5th, so very early in the offseason. Second, in his only playoff experience he had 4g and 12pts in 20 games (3rd on the team) in the season before his rookie year, so how is that "does nothing"?

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think I remember hearing Rob Ramage say that Mailloux might be our best prospect.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad