Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
- Heineman
- Kidney
- Farrell

- Mesar

2cf.jpg

GWykk4uWIAARI3r

It's showtime or no time, fellas.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Sure and we've seen plenty of veteran players mess up those situations too.

That really isn't a viable argument though.

Factually, veteran players are on the average much more responsible players and much better on faceoffs. Naming outliers is not a reasonable strategy to counter a statement. It's like saying that not all smokers get lung cancer and many non smokers get lung cancer therefore there is no point in having a discussion about the relationship between smoking and lung cancer.

Can he fight?

Lets see his legs !

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Obviously, no player is perfect. However, a veteran player who experienced that situation many times is much less likely to mess up than a rookie who hasn't experienced that situation much.
Again, we saw Brendan Gallagher last year, repeatedly, commit costly penalties that cost the Habs several games last year.

So I don't agree veterans are less likely to mess up than rookies.

They just have more rope to do it.

Reactions: Canadienna

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The score/result of this 'competition' is of limited concern. The majority of players who are participating will not be NHLers. What you want to see is that our highest regarded prospects (Hutson, Reinbacher, Beck, Xhekaj, etc.) play dominating roles regardless of the score. If that doesn't happen, then that should be a concern.

These games are meaningless and are difficult for cerebral players to shine in as there is little to no structure as well as a lack of familiarity/chemistry. Such games tend to favour players who play more of a selfish game.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That really isn't a viable argument though.
Search through any GDT and see fans, even you, complain about the veterans on the team and the mistakes they make, game in and game out.

Gallagher’s untimely hooking penalties, Armia’s inconsistencies that lead to bouts of indifferent and careless play.

Why are we trying to change history here?
Factually, veteran players are on the average much more responsible players and much better on faceoffs.
Factually? or is it Anecdotally?

I'd argue is largely the latter.

Hockey if filled with saying people just continually repeat because its familiar, even if its not true.
Naming outliers is not a reasonable strategy to counter a statement. It's like saying that not all smokers get lung cancer and many non smokers get lung cancer therefore there is no point in having a discussion about the relationship between smoking and lung cancer.
I'm not comfortable discussing analogies that involve trivializing lung cancer for the sake of making a point.

Nick Suzuki as a rookie was much more reliable than anyone on the team at the time. Its got nothing to do with outliers (or lunch cancer smdh).

Its about empowering your players and making sure they grow from the game situations they experience, not sheltering them from it because you're more familiar with player X.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
In today’s NHL, the only teams that will contend are those (whom) players understand how a cap works.

I.e.:
It is insane, pure insanity, That Draisatl is about to make $14M.. he is worth nowhere near that. McDavid should be the top paid player in the league at max $12m/yr. Every other player is replaceable. This is why the Habs are positioned correctly to contend. Apx $8m/yr for your top 3.. Leafs have proven how useless overpaying players become..

As far as i care, if "any" player pulls a Mitch Marner with my team, his ass is traded before i stir my morning coffee.. no and, ifs or buts.. let them go make their money with some other loser franchise run by an uneducated ex player.

Similar to CC... when he was holding out, i wanted him gone.. never, but ever should the Habs "negotiate" above fair market value.. doing so kills your team. Looking back, i would have been fine getting rid of him.. he has still, yet to have proven anything.. snipe away on the PP, does nothing come playoffs.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I'd say Richard will likely be the starter since he's the older guy with a better record and was invited first.

Montreal is really unlikely to sign anyone has they have 4 NHL contract goalies, 2 AHL contract goalies and 1 ECHL contract goalie.

C'mon Richard show me I wasn't wrong about you.

Lmao, just a bit west of Cambodia actually.

Thailand? I've personally thought of moving a bit east of Cambodia.

Davidson is still my darkhorse, stay healthy!

Really like that kid. Gritty and intense.

Are we talking phalluses? LOL.

The weight is for the testes.

Gallagher’s untimely hooking penalties, Armia’s inconsistencies that lead to bouts of indifferent and careless play.

Personally I thought Armia had a very solid second half to the season and Gallagher ended the season very well, not enough to justify his contract but still.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Similar to CC... when he was holding out, i wanted him gone.. never, but ever should the Habs "negotiate" above fair market value.. doing so kills your team. Looking back, i would have been fine getting rid of him.. he has still, yet to have proven anything.. snipe away on the PP, does nothing come playoffs.

Cálmate, papi. CC's a good kid, came back from surgery. Way too early to throw him away, that's Carolina-type talk.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just by his name Mesar was bust material. He reminds me of Generated name when you play sport games franchise mode when the present players start to retire.

Hopefully not Scherbak round 2. Tracking that way and I'm still holding on hope with Mesar. I actually think he makes it to the NHL but has a few more years of meh development. This kid needs to add muscle and maybe he is a middle 6F at age 23-25 range.

Hang around Slaf and work just as hard as him between games.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
In today’s NHL, the only teams that will contend are those (whom) players understand how a cap works.

I.e.:
It is insane, pure insanity, That Draisatl is about to make $14M.. he is worth nowhere near that. McDavid should be the top paid player in the league at max $12m/yr. Every other player is replaceable. This is why the Habs are positioned correctly to contend. Apx $8m/yr for your top 3.. Leafs have proven how useless overpaying players become..

As far as i care, if "any" player pulls a Mitch Marner with my team, his ass is traded before i stir my morning coffee.. no and, ifs or buts.. let them go make their money with some other loser franchise run by an uneducated ex player.

Yeah but its easier said than done to have a proper cap structure when our best player is Nick Suzuki , get back to me about taking discounts if somebody on the team puts up multiple 100 point seasons like Drai.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL

I.e.:

How do you know what a player's worth? So you're not keeping demidov if he asks for a mil more than what you think he is worth? You need to pay to keep talent. That's one of the market forces that prevents teams from hoarding talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad