Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
While I don’t share your optimism, I hope you are right. With the horde of top forward prospects (Demidov, Hage, Xhekaj, etc.) coming and Hughes having 3 firsts and 4 seconds to play with over the next two years, if Roy can’t secure a place for himself on the top three lines he won’t be on the team in 26/27.
One reason to believe Roy could have an impactful role on the top 9, is his showing at the worlds juniors a couple years ago. He was dominant at 5vs5, on the pp and also the pk.
Demidov is clearly in another league, no comparison possible. As for Hage, it’s early to make a call; let’s see if he’s dominant against his peers at the worlds when he turns 19.
Xhekaj is a whole other story, I sincerely hope he can become a 3rd line NHLer, but 4th line duties is more realistic.

Reactions: waitin425

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It will be interesting to see how Owen Beck and Kapanen's performances at camp affect Hughes's planning for next year, even if they don't make the team this year.

Next year, there will be two forward soots opening up with expiring Dvo and Armia contracts. Have to think one will go to Demidov. That leaves one spot for Kapanen and Beck in the top 12. Does Hughes trade Evan's at the TDL to open up that spot?

Safe move is Tory to extend Evan's on a low cap hit. But if you get offered a 2nd, you take it. Evan's would have to have a career year for that.

Becky's NHL readiness can more be monitored when he gets call ups throughout the year. But Kapanen is in Europe. At the end of the day, Kapanen can always play in the AHL next year, and Evams could be traded or waived if Kapanen beats him out next year. But I still think if Kapanen makes an impression, it could affect Highes plans for Evan's at the TDL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beer and Chips

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I really like Roy too, but don’t you think one of the vets (Andy, Gally, Dvo, Armia) need to be moved out before he gets a chance to be a regular in the lineup?
I actually see a third line of Andy Dvorak and armia to start. The showcase line. A lot to prove. Roy on 4th line. Will move up after deadline or with injuries

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Looks like no midgets amongst the invites.

200w.gif
Charles Savoie has never scored more than 10 goals in the Q... whats his special skill?

Jul 6, 2016
They're in school. They have to at least pretend they're still students. Michigan does have relatively high academic standards for athletes to be fair
It is not a week away from school that’s gonna ruin their academic year….

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

He definitely looks taller and lighter on his feet. Looks real good on the ice, I think we can hope for a good season of development for him

Looks like Ryan O'Byrne if Ryan O'byrne was good at hockey.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
It will be interesting to see how Owen Beck and Kapanen's performances at camp affect Hughes's planning for next year, even if they don't make the team this year.
I mean, one of them will be the 3C, one one the bottom 6 and Dvo definitely aint getting an offer.

Reactions: Rapala

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I actually see a third line of Andy Dvorak and armia to start. The showcase line. A lot to prove. Roy on 4th line. Will move up after deadline or with injuries
For sure, best case scenario is “showcase” line tears it up…..those spots are far more valuable to our rebuild! Cheers.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
No Vekvaneks? I know my spelling is off. NHL.com doesn’t even list him in goalie prospects which is weird. Why an invite instead of him?

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
They don't appear to have posted it yet.

If you mean Vecvanags, he's going to the BCHL. Looks like he's aiming for the NCAA.
I know but the bchl doesn’t have restrictions. It doesn’t explain why he’s not playing over an invite.

Reactions: Tyson

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I know but the bchl doesn’t have restrictions. It doesn’t explain why he’s not playing over an invite.
If he is going to the BCHL with hopes of going to the NCAA next season then no, he can not play in this tournament.

These are NCAA restrictions, not NHL/BCHL etc restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad