Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Roy, Simoneau and Trudeau aren't there (same draft year as Mailloux and Kidney). I can get it for Simoneau/Trudeau since they have 2 years in the AHL, but Roy...

Dobes and Perrault aren't there either (same draft year as Farrell, Tuch and Heineman).

Roy definitely should not be at the rookie camp as he would need to play himself off of the Habs roster. Perreault has 4 AHL seasons under his belt so he clearly would not be considered for this camp.

Lol nice sounds like Price 😍

Price was extremely athletic but just didn't need to use it very often due to his positioning.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Price was extremely athletic but just didn't need to use it very often due to his positioning.
Yea I totally agree.

When I think athleticism, Im referring to save selection. And a goalies ability to make a save when he's out of position.

He never had to show it much which makes it harder to analyze lol. His positioning was so stupid good. Lots of highlight reel saves when he did find himself out of position though. Can think of so many.

Fun to think about. I don't think his ability was as high as some others like Quick and Vasy, but still elite nonetheless.

Reactions: tazsub3

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yea I totally agree.

When I think athleticism, Im referring to save selection. And a goalies ability to make a save when he's out of position.

He never had to show it much which makes it harder to analyze lol. His positioning was so stupid good. Lots of highlight reel saves when he did find himself out of position though. Can think of so many.

Fun to think about. I don't think his ability was as high as some others like Quick and Vasy, but still elite nonetheless.

Agreed!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Protz was the most noticeable defenseman during the recent development camp. It wouldn’t be a surprise if in coming years Protz passes some of the more notable emerging defensemen on the Canadiens’ depth chart. With his combination of physicality, compete level and mobility it would be more surprising if he didn’t
We could have another Wifi

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
People are gonna be suprised when engstrom comes out and is the most aggresive player on defence, cant wait to see him play and think he has a chance to be in the same tier as Hutson, similar playstyles and IQ although Engstrom a more of a touch and go guy and not skate with it, reminds me a little bit of mark streit

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
People are gonna be suprised when engstrom comes out and is the most aggresive player on defence, cant wait to see him play and think he has a chance to be in the same tier as Hutson, similar playstyles and IQ although Engstrom a more of a touch and go guy and not skate with it, reminds me a little bit of mark streit
I would give him a year in the AHL. P’ayong the left side of Reinbacher. His contribution in the AHL will tell a lot about his projection.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

Forwards

Owen Beck, Jared Davidson, Sean Farrell, Emil Heineman, Riley Kidney, Justin Larose, Filip Mesar, Israel Mianscum, Logan Nijhoff, Maxime Pellerin, Charles Savoie, Tyler Thorpe, Luke Tuch, Florian Xhekaj

Defensemen

Emanuelson Charbonneau, Adam Engström, Lane Hutson, Logan Mailloux, Simon Motew, Owen Protz, David Reinbacher

Goaltenders

Quentin Miller, Samuel Richard
Those are the goalies they’re going with against the Leafs?! Hmmmm.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I would give him a year in the AHL. P’ayong the left side of Reinbacher. His contribution in the AHL will tell a lot about his projection.
Doesn't Engstrom primarily play the right side overseas? Not saying he shouldn't switch over to the left but if we have another RD in the mix, maybe we leave him there as we move forward.

I could be thinking of someone else as well

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree Engstrom has the potential to be a better all round Dman than Hutson who may end up as a bottom pairing given our depth.
But don't say that on this site it's a punishable offense.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Doesn't Engstrom primarily play the right side overseas? Not saying he shouldn't switch over to the left but if we have another RD in the mix, maybe we leave him there as we move forward.

I could be thinking of someone else as well

he plays both sides as many Euros do, Last year he played mostly RD from what I saw but this year he was mostly LD.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Truth be told, did not go back and read all of the pages but did we touch base on how tall David Reinbacher is now? Does anybody know if any truth in this rumour that he's now 6ft5? Hahahaha

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Truth be told, did not go back and read all of the pages but did we touch base on how tall David Reinbacher is now? Does anybody know if any truth in this rumour that he's now 6ft5? Hahahaha

Pay no attention to these "rumours" as they are always based on biased fans seeing what they want to see.

Reactions: Jabba11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad