Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Let's also not forget Gauthier's influence. Once Gainey's family tragedy happened he was GM in name only. That's when our friendly neighborhood Vegan ran the show.

And he finally got us someone to score 30 goals in Cole and a real power forward xD

Just goes to show what a eternity of shit Gaineys tenure was.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Most prospects wouldn't dare directly "copy" one of the high time great, even as an homage. But Fowler fully embrace his destiny.
He gives off Brodeur vibes more than Roy I feel. Needless to say I’d take either of those guys on my team anytime.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He scored a memorable goal in 2021. I will always be grateful for that.
-Game 1 vs the Leafs : Game winning shorthanded goal while falling
-Game 6 vs the Leafs : Jumps on TOR turnover, Primary pass to KK for OT winner
-Game 2 vs Vegas : Another beaut GWG Goal
-Game 3 vs Vegas : Jumps on puck, brilliant pass to Josh for OT winner
That's direct hand in 4 of our 13 playoff wins that year
I'll love that lil bastid forever lol

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
I agree, he's more like Brodeur. Definitely not Price tho lol

I can understand the Brodeur references, Fowler is big and has that standing up stature on the ice that reminds me of Brodeur, Price was very different, very controlled and cool, Fowler doesn't at this stage in his career carry the same mythos as Price who even at this stage was already feared and respected.

Maybe it's a thing with a lot of the kids coming out of the US collegiate system, you can tell they don't take themselves too seriously, are rather bon-vivant. I Like the Thatcher Demko comparables

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
And he finally got us someone to score 30 goals in Cole and a real power forward xD

Just goes to show what a eternity of shit Gaineys tenure was.
Didn’t, under Gainey, the team draft Price, Subban, McDonough, and Paccioretti?

The Gainey era was actually a bright light after the previous 10-20 years of terribleness.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary

The Gainey era was actually a bright light after the previous 10-20 years of terribleness.
Ok? Gainey also traded Mcdonough for Gomez before he even played a single game. Did you say "bright light" when you meant to say "black hole"?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Godin put out on article on Filip Eriksson.

Ramage said he didn't recognize him this year because he looks much more mature but still has a lot more room to grow and get stronger.

He's my dark horse prospect in the whole system. I think there's a world where he's a really really big player for us. His smarts and anticipation are quite good and he has a lot of skill. Gotta get stronger and tougher.
He certainly was great draft pick

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
-Game 1 vs the Leafs : Game winning shorthanded goal while falling
-Game 6 vs the Leafs : Jumps on TOR turnover, Primary pass to KK for OT winner
-Game 2 vs Vegas : Another beaut GWG Goal
-Game 3 vs Vegas : Jumps on puck, brilliant pass to Josh for OT winner
That's direct hand in 4 of our 13 playoff wins that year
I'll love that lil bastid forever lol
IMG_0732.jpeg

Forever iconic!

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Godin put out on article on Filip Eriksson.

Ramage said he didn't recognize him this year because he looks much more mature but still has a lot more room to grow and get stronger.

He's my dark horse prospect in the whole system. I think there's a world where he's a really really big player for us. His smarts and anticipation are quite good and he has a lot of skill. Gotta get stronger and tougher.

He absolutely took off in Allsvenskan. He was clearly not quite ready for the SHL which happens. Excited to watch him this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Byron also is a guy who did the work and watched the video to turn his career around. He will know how to sell it to a guy who is at the very start, with more potential and opportunity than Byron ever got. Beck looks like a pro already

Beck is committed to improving and he clearly has that focus. It's very important in development. Lots of kids say they will work hard but it's cheap talk. Beck is the type to shut his mouth and just go work.

Each year brings different challenges and Beck is ready for his pro career. Very excited to see what he can do in Laval this year. Will be tough to make the NHL but you never know

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

No doubt about it, Gainey brought the franchise back to respectful level. Last few years were disappointing though.

One quote I won't forget from Gainey. "If I have the choice to leave a little late or a little early, I will choose to leave a little early" Bergevin was the opposite lol

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Strange that we only gave our Swedish scout a 7th this year, IMO, I look forward to his picks.

Yeah and it wasn't a particularly inspired one - but I didn't love the crop from Sweden this year by and large. Zetterberg was a good invite, then it was like what.. Pettersson, Eriksson, Fernstrom and Freij/Wallenius/Fransen? Most of those guys were gone before we got to pick in the 3rd.

Hopefully the group is better in 2025, Frondell is a very nice prospect at the top.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Beck is committed to improving and he clearly has that focus. It's very important in development. Lots of kids say they will work hard but it's cheap talk. Beck is the type to shut his mouth and just go work.

Each year brings different challenges and Beck is ready for his pro career. Very excited to see what he can do in Laval this year. Will be tough to make the NHL but you never know

Motivation/hardwork/desire is a super underrated trait.

It's what separates Crosby/MacKinnon from the rest.

It's what made Plekanec go from 3rd liner to first line center.

It's what made Paul Byron from waiver material to fan favorite.

It's what makes Slafkovsky the special prospect he is today. The guy has skills, vision and a big body. Adding unlimited desire to this makes it incredibly exciting.

It's also why I wanted Catton with a second top 15 pick this year. He has skills and vision and from what we've heard he is incredibly dedicated. His small frame is the only thing that might stop him).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad