OT: 2024 MLB Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well that was an impressive way to lose.

Immediate backfire of the decision to avoid Betts.
I thought it was a bad move till I realized the runners were on second and third because Verdugo went in the stands, I thought they were still on first and second. The book play for sure with a base open and lefty lefty but any time you walk someone to face a great player invariably it comes back to bite you.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
As a fan without much skin in the game, it was pretty cool that on contact the whole stadium knew it was gone. There was no waiting to see if it cleared the wall or stayed fair, everyone went nuts at the same time immediately after tensing up for the pitch.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Wow what a game and what a way to lose it through Yankee errors. Great teams shrug it off, lets see if yanks got it in them. Dodgers look beatable.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
As a fan without much skin in the game, it was pretty cool that on contact the whole stadium knew it was gone. There was no waiting to see if it cleared the wall or stayed fair, everyone went nuts at the same time immediately after tensing up for the pitch.
Honestly if the worst decision was Boone throwing Cortes in the deep end over his other lefty when Cortes hasn’t pitched in a month, 1A would be Roberts having the infield play in with third and first with one out, that Volpe grounder would have been an easy DP if Edman was at DP depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad