OT: 2024 MLB Thread

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I can recall Pete Rose and Bud Harrelsohn fighting in the playoffs in 1973. I was young but even then afternoon baseball stood out to me.

Afternoon playoffs AND World Series games. The school day couldn't end quick enough so I could get home and watch what remained in the game. Yeah, we're old. I wouldn't change it for anything.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Afternoon playoffs AND World Series games. The school day couldn't end quick enough so I could get home and watch what remained in the game. Yeah, we're old. I wouldn't change it for anything.
I used to be able to eat Cheetos and other fun young person food. Oh and I wasn’t a shriveled up shell of myself but other than that sure .

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
My dad was 14 in '69 and during the WS he had a paper route after school and he would peek into people's windows for updates to the games. The people inside would shout out the score and any big plays because they saw him.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Mets not scoring with the base runners they've had and then Philly scoring the way they did is the equivalent of having 2 5 on 3's, both get killed and your goalie gives a center ice goal lol

I used to be able to eat Cheetos and other fun young person food. Oh and I wasn’t a shriveled up shell of myself but other than that sure .

I was eating Cheetos as I read this..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
f***!

I went out and missed the end of the game. It was 1-0 like halfway through the game when I left.

Happy with the result, but what a bummer that I left and didn't get to see it!

• Wow
Reactions: Whaddagoal

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
You missed the magic of Lindor (again) and the high-wire act of Diaz (again)

It's like Diaz is f***ing with the fans hearts.

That was DICEY as f***.

I mean glad he got his wits and was able to close it out, but it didn't need to be anywhere as scary as that.

But on we go .. LGM!!

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Why do the Yankees look like the Mets and the Mets look like the Yankees? Are we living a Seinfeld episode? It's the opposite of normal.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yanks are the worst top 3 team in history

I just don’t see them going anywhere. But will cheer them on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad