OT: 2024 MLB Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
MLB screwed this up. That series should've been moved to another stadium. Both teams are getting screwed because of Manfred's incompetence. The Mets with the travel got screwed more than Atlanta. No off day for one or both teams and then hours long flights after a doubleheader. It's ridiculous.
It wasn't on MLB. It was on Atlanta. The Braves were down 2 games at the time and probably just wanted to screw the Mets, so they picked the nuclear option.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
It wasn't on MLB. It was on Atlanta. The Braves were down 2 games at the time and probably just wanted to screw the Mets, so they picked the nuclear option.
You're right about that part, but MLB is the one who has the power to move a series. These were not pop up thunderstorms, it was a hurricane they knew was coming days earlier. The Braves definitely played games too which is why MLB should've taken command.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Winner of the first game is playing no one the second game because the winner of the first game has a three day series starting the next day and need to hop on a flight. That should help the other team win game two.

Interesting scenario playing out. Massive incentive to win game 1 since both teams are holding back good pitchers for game 2 in the event they lose the first game. You also get the chance to rest everyone and pitch whoever in game 2 if you win the first one.

I'm a Mets fan and my oldest son is a Braves fan, so a split today is fine by me. Just hope the Mets take the first game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Interesting scenario playing out. Massive incentive to win game 1 since both teams are holding back good pitchers for game 2 in the event they lose the first game. You also get the chance to rest everyone and pitch whoever in game 2 if you win the first one.

I'm a Mets fan and my oldest son is a Braves fan, so a split today is fine by me. Just hope the Mets take the first game.
Jesus that’s far more random than a Devils-Rangers family split

• Haha
Reactions: HBK27

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Jesus that’s far more random than a Devils-Rangers family split

My boys had no choice but to be Devils fans - there was no chance that wasn't happening. Been taking them to games since they were young and they're all-in.

I grew up a die-hard Mets fan as a kid - watching the Mets playoffs in '86 and going to the ticker-tape parade are some of my earliest memories, though I also lost quite a bit of interest in MLB overall since then. My wife's family is all Yankee fans and more into baseball in general. Wasn't hard to see which path would serve them better in life.

So both boys were basically Yankee fans from a young age, but a few years back (before the Braves won the World Series in 2021 to his credit), my older son wanted to be different than his friends and decided to become a Braves fan. He chose Atlanta in part because we have family down there (though my brother-in-law that lives there is a huge Yankee fan) and maybe he liked the logo or something. Regardless, that's his team - Acuna's his favorite player and we took him out to a Mets-Braves game for one of his recent birthdays.

Was happy that he at least got to see them win a World Series, as none of the local teams have won jack in his lifetime that he'd remember (he was 3 1/2 when the Giants won in 2012).

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Get to face this kid with German beer mame again! Ugh! Nothing comes easy for the Mets but, Lindor was absolutely fire again yesterday! LFGM and today let's light up Lowenbrau or whatever the hell his name is!:laugh:

"Yes can I have a Schwellenbach". Every time they say his name I get thirsty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad