OT: 2024 MLB Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Names that come to me immediately.

Horace Clarke
Jerry Kenney
Tom Tresh
Celerino Sanchez
Danny Cater
Jake Gibbs

1970 Yankees Roster. Toilet paper for sure.

That was just a bit before my lifetime lol.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We're both old enough to remember when the Yankees were REEALLLLLLYYYYYYYYY bad for a while there.

The Yankees were a non-playoff team probably from the time I was in Kindergarten until the year after I graduated high school. Which was the Don Mattingly era. They were having a really hot 1994, but we all remember how that season ended. Without a playoffs/world series.

If I'm not mistaken, they missed the playoffs for all but the final year of the Don Mattingly era? They made the world series in 81 and then they missed the next year, where he debuted very late in the season. They had a couple of decent seasons, but just missed the playoffs barely a few of those times, but I think they also had some dreadful ones in that stretch.

And then they would have made them in 94 if not for the strike ending the season, and they would finally make them again in the last season of his career. And then his first year not playing they won the world series and had the first of like 5 out of 6 or 6 out of 7 years in the world series?

I felt bad for him.
I’m old enough that as a kid I saw the Yankees win those two series in the late 1970s (wow I’m old). As a kid you couldn’t ask for a better season than Guidry and thr Yankees in 1978. What a crazy pennant race and what a pitching performance. Years later I got a chance to talk to Ron Guidry who could not have been nicer. Somewhere I have his autograph on a photo from 1977. Probably the only fan letter I ever wrote as a kid.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My first experience seeing Major League baseball was 1968 on TV. Mets vs Braves in Fulton County Stadium on channel 9. No idea who won, or any detail for that matter. I'll chalk that up to being old.
You are older than me it seems. So is it true what they said about Silent Cal Coolidge? He really shoukd have been called Yappy Cal Coolidge

• Haha
Reactions: Patrik26

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_8680.jpeg

@NJDevs26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad