OT: 2024 MLB Thread

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Looked like a very pro Padres crowd. What was the ratio of Dodgers fans?

Definitely fewer Dodger fans than for a regular season game at Petco. The sexy headline was that the Padres had restricted ticket sales via area code, but the majority of tickets had been snatched up by season ticket holders before it got to the general public. I'm sure if the Dodgers had been the ones up 2 games to 1 that a few of the Padres fans would have let more tickets slip into the secondary market.

My main group chat has gotten a little insufferable this week between my Padres/Dodgers buddies who are trying to 'top' each other with who can be more negative about their team.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm actually very happy with how the Yankees won this series. I think playoff baseball usually is (or should be) more of a grind, and every game of this series was just that. I don't know if they can handle the middle of the order hitting inconsistently (especially Judge of course), but if the pitching can hold up and they can get timely hitting the way they have, they can win those tight games.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Definitely fewer Dodger fans than for a regular season game at Petco. The sexy headline was that the Padres had restricted ticket sales via area code, but the majority of tickets had been snatched up by season ticket holders before it got to the general public. I'm sure if the Dodgers had been the ones up 2 games to 1 that a few of the Padres fans would have let more tickets slip into the secondary market.

My main group chat has gotten a little insufferable this week between my Padres/Dodgers buddies who are trying to 'top' each other with who can be more negative about their team.
Yeah Padres support has been nothing short of fantastic in recent years. Yeah I didn't go to the games but, Phillies fans had little to no presence at Citi Field in the post season and not as many Mets fans made it into Philly. I live in the middle of New Jersey. So I got bragging rights!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad