2024 Men's World Championship Thread - Dahlin, Cozens, Byram, Power, Peterka, Olofsson

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
2-1 Sweden over France with just over 7:00 left in the third. Credit to France for playing Sweden tough. Dahlin looks good but Sweden needs more from their team or France could tie this.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
2-1 Sweden over France with just over 7:00 left in the third. Credit to France for playing Sweden tough. Dahlin looks good but Sweden needs more from their team or France could tie this.

I was toggling back from the Norway game and only caught part of what Engblom was saying about Dahlin being too respectful of his teammates and keeping his plays smaller/workmanlike.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I was toggling back from the Norway game and only caught part of what Engblom was saying about Dahlin being too respectful of his teammates and keeping his plays smaller/workmanlike.

Yeah - he was just basically saying Dahlin isn't trying to do it all and be flashy like with the Sabres because he has so much respect for his team. They did have Dahlin out there changing with Hedman while they protected their one goal lead for the last few minutes. Sweden gets an EN and they win 3-1.

Engblom also was saying that even though it was only 2-1 for a lot of the end of the game Sweden plays a "smooth" game and they are never stressed - playing a tight game is just how they play.

Very excited to watch Poland - Kazakhstan at 2PM EST. Poland has to win in regulation to not get regulated down after finally getting into the top division after years of trying. It's their Gold medal game for both teams. Go Poland!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah - he was just basically saying Dahlin isn't trying to do it all and be flashy like with the Sabres because he has so much respect for his team. They did have Dahlin out there changing with Hedman while they protected their one goal lead for the last few minutes. Sweden gets an EN and they win 3-1.

Engblom also was saying that even though it was only 2-1 for a lot of the end of the game Sweden plays a "smooth" game and they are never stressed - playing a tight game is just how they play.

Very excited to watch Poland - Kazakhstan at 2PM EST. Poland has to win in regulation to not get regulated down after finally getting into the top division after years of trying. It's their Gold medal game for both teams. Go Poland!

I think the Brits were in the same boat with their game against Norway but they fell 5-2.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Why is the NHL Network showing Finland - Denmark when Poland - Kazakhstan means so, so much more? How annoying. I couldn't care less about the fact there are NHL players in FIN - DEN.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
For Dahlin’s hit, it’s unfortunate but the right call on the ice was called based on the rules.

What Byram did was dirty, and a pos move and would be heavily criticized on these boards, especially if it happened to a player on Buffalo (considering how sensitive any other hit on the edge is called foul about). He’s a freaking coward and that sort of move has no place in any hockey league. Any fans enjoying it, just paints any fans of that action as scummy.
Cool story. Hope he does it twice next game.

• Love
Reactions: Willgamesh

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Bummer.

As someone of 100% Polish heritage, I was rooting for them to fend off relegation. Hopefully it won't take forever to get back up to the championship division.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
USA got two different tripping penalties on the same shift giving Latvia a full two minute 5 on 3 and were worse than any Sabres power play I saw all last year.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
DYLAN again goals in 6 straight! 7 seconds into the PP Assist by OP!

Loved Paul's screen, but Cozens needed this. Last time he went to the WC's and tore it up, he had his best scoring season to follow on.

I would think based on his production and frequency of attending, Cozens is going to be a low-key possibility for Canada's 2026 Olympic team.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Loved Paul's screen, but Cozens needed this. Last time he went to the WC's and tore it up, he had his best scoring season to follow on.

I would think based on his production and frequency of attending, Cozens is going to be a low-key possibility for Canada's 2026 Olympic team.
and the announcer said we drafted him in the 7th rd :p what a steal.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Six straight games with a goal for Cozens - and Power with the primary assist.

Based on what Cozens does internationally he'd be a legitimate pick for 2026 - especially if he gets the usage from Ruff that I think he will. Canada likes to select based on roles and not just who are the best scorers.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
USA is collapsing. Went from a 4-1 lead to 4-3 in less than a minute. Hynes calls the timeout (what's that?) to try to get them back on track. There is a full 15 minutes left in the third!

• Wow
Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad