2024 Men's World Championship Thread - Dahlin, Cozens, Byram, Power, Peterka, Olofsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Canada starts with four forwards - Cozens, Tavares, Bedard, Dubois. Can't score.

Now too many men on Canada! Swiss on the power play with 6 minutes left in OT.

Cozens with a partial breakaway short handed but can't score!

Canada kills it off!

With 2:31 left in OT we finally get to 3 on 3.

All three Sabres played a ton in OT. Now onto the shootout to get to the Gold Medal Game!

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Back to back Sabres go in the shootout with Canada needing a goal to stay alive

They’ll play for Bronze

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
HERE WE GO...

Bedard - SCORES!

Senteler - miss!

Dubois - miss!

Fiala - SCORES!

Severson - miss!

Loeffel - miss!

POWER - JUST misses inside the post!

ANDRAIGHETTO - SCORES!

COZENS - MISS!

Canada loses - and the Swiss advance to the Gold Medal Game.

Now Canada plays Dahlin and the Swedes for the Bronze.

Canada's three best players for the tournament - Cozens, Parayko, Tanev

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The four nations tournament will feature three teams that failed to medal and one bronze medal winner who lost to either Czechia or Switzerland.

Reactions: Jacob582

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Idk what Canada is going to do for goalie at the Olympics. If Levi develops like we think he will, he might get some starts.

Reactions: Dingo44

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The four nations tournament will feature three teams that failed to medal and one bronze medal winner who lost to either Czechia or Switzerland.
The should have made it two divisions if the nhl season allowed it:
Czech republic, Slovakia, Germany, Switzerland with an earlier start to the tournament in europe.

Finland, Sweden, Canada, USA in NA.

With a grand final, the central european group winner would get a couple of days rest before thanks to the earlier start of that group - compensating for the travel.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Ras is not playing remotely like he does in the NHL lol. He's taking the f*** off the second Sweden gets the puck

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Canadian forwards besides Cozens didnt show up when it mattered.
He said he didn't want to play the game to swedish media.

No interesting Dahlin quotes, he's been seen as the leader along with Karlsson in the effort to get a good team together. WC is the only chance to become known among the general population of sweden. Dahlin has at least started on the path of becoming a known hockey player now.

Karlsson said they will celebrate with snaps instead of vodka. My guess is that they don't sell the latter anyway.

Reactions: Dingo44

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
He said he didn't want to play the game to swedish media.

Is there a link/article where Cozens said that?

I see PLD quotes, and I've seen someone attribute similar comments to Hagel. But I cannot find anything related to Cozens, saying 'He didn't want to play the game...' I say that's BS, someone misquoted or took it out of context (eg. PLD saying would rather be playing for gold, but we tried to win the bronze medal game)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad