2024 Men's World Championship Thread - Dahlin, Cozens, Byram, Power, Peterka, Olofsson

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
In the NHL what Byram did is probably 2 minutes. What Dahlin did is probably no penalty (unless a Sabre does it). International rules are stricter. But I enjoyed seeing both do what they did if I’m being honest.
Same. Especially Dahlin.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
In the NHL what Byram did is probably 2 minutes. What Dahlin did is probably no penalty (unless a Sabre does it). International rules are stricter. But I enjoyed seeing both do what they did if I’m being honest.

In 2024, Dahlin's hit is a penalty in every league on the planet. If your hit leads with your elbow to your opponents head, they're gonna call it.

It's obvious it was unintentional, as he was bringing his arm up to brace for the impact against the glass and thought his hip check would be the contact point, but intentions are not what the refs call. Was it ejection worthy? I'd say no, but it was definitely a penalty.

As for the rest of the hit, it was a charge. Both skates left the ice as he pops up into the hit. That is called very inconsistently in the NHL, but it was still an infraction.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
In 2024, Dahlin's hit is a penalty in every league on the planet. If your hit leads with your elbow to your opponents head, they're gonna call it.

It's obvious it was unintentional, as he was bringing his arm up to brace for the impact against the glass and thought his hip check would be the contact point, but intentions are not what the refs call. Was it ejection worthy? I'd say no, but it was definitely a penalty.

As for the rest of the hit, it was a charge. Both skates left the ice as he pops up into the hit. That is called very inconsistently in the NHL, but it was still an infraction.

I don’t see that hit as a charge. Now according to the rules in both the NHL and IIHF it is, but it’s like calling traveling on Lebron dunking in the NBA. It fulfills the rule, but also not what was anticipated when that was made.

But because there was head contact, I don’t have a problem with it being called.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don’t see that hit as a charge. Now according to the rules in both the NHL and IIHF it is, but it’s like calling traveling on Lebron dunking in the NBA. It fulfills the rule, but also not what was anticipated when that was made.

But because there was head contact, I don’t have a problem with it being called.

He hit the head. It is a penalty.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Looks like Bo will miss today's game against the Swiss but he'll be back Tuesday.

Screenshot_20240519_113710_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
For Dahlin’s hit, it’s unfortunate but the right call on the ice was called based on the rules.

What Byram did was dirty, and a pos move and would be heavily criticized on these boards, especially if it happened to a player on Buffalo (considering how sensitive any other hit on the edge is called foul about). He’s a freaking coward and that sort of move has no place in any hockey league. Any fans enjoying it, just paints any fans of that action as scummy.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
USA has an easy time with Kazakhstan 10-1.

Canada vs Switzerland at 2 PM EST.

Man I love this tournament so much. Almost as much as I love the World Juniors. These are pretty much the only reason I keep paying so much to keep the NHL Network.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
For Dahlin’s hit, it’s unfortunate but the right call on the ice was called based on the rules.

What Byram did was dirty, and a pos move and would be heavily criticized on these boards, especially if it happened to a player on Buffalo (considering how sensitive any other hit on the edge is called foul about). He’s a freaking coward and that sort of move has no place in any hockey league. Any fans enjoying it, just paints any fans of that action as scummy.
he got speared first....

Reactions: Fearnot

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Yep, and that was a scumbag move from Jesse. Both players were in the wrong. Just because it was retaliation doesn’t make it less scummy.
I don't think defending yourself from being speared makes you a piece of shit. just my 2 cents.

Reactions: debaser66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad