Prospect Info: 2024 Kings Development Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Ziemmer is reminding me a bit of Simmonds and Clifford. Both made the NHL full time straight out of junior. Clifford in his draft year, Simmonds in his D+1 year.

Similar build and junior stats to those guys. All picked outside the 1st round. All physically mature for their age. Zeimmer did have the injury set back though.

This kid gives the Kings EXACTLY what they want; right shot gritty physical winger with some upside.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it wouldn't shock me if it did. Personally I haven't watched him play enough to have an educated opinion on the matter.
At the risk of sounding pedantic, what do you mean by similar build? Simmonds, while feisty, was 170 lbs. Did you mean by sheer playstyle?

Re: Clifford. One of my favorite stories of Lombardi is when he called Clifford "his little psycho" at dev camp. Lombardi certainly had players he genuinely loved for what they brought.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
AEG needs to sell to somebody who believes in creating a winning culture.
Been saying Mr. Anschutz needs sell for weeks now, we need an owner that is more hands on, ownership that has the Kings more than just a line in a ledger. A owner that will install Hockey people from a winning organization and has a winning pedigree in building etc..

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
At the risk of sounding pedantic, what do you mean by similar build? Simmonds, while feisty, was 170 lbs. Did you mean by sheer playstyle?

Re: Clifford. One of my favorite stories of Lombardi is when he called Clifford "his little psycho" at dev camp. Lombardi certainly had players he genuinely loved for what they brought.
I am a huge Ziemmer fan and have his game worn jersey and had him sign it.

He's basically a cross between Toffoli and Clifford. He has TT's hands and skating (bad or good) but the fire and personality of Clifford.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I think he is too young and it has to be either the NHL or juniors.
He'd be eligible for the A after his junior season ends though
If the key dates in the CHL/NHL Transfer Agrrement are still the same (January 1st and September 15th) he would be eligible for the AHL this season.

He tuns 20 on December 8th 2024 which would make him 20 years old by January 1st 2025 which would mean he's eligible to play in any of the CHL, the AHL, or NHL this season. A player needs to be 18 by September 15th to meet the minimum age for the AHL so he for sure meets that.

He's also technically "played 4 seasons of Junior hockey" but this requirement has always been a little vague as there has to be some minimum games played to count as a season, but I've never been able to find the details of what " 4 seasons" is.

Reactions: Lt Dan

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

Not trying to be negative, and I really do want to believe this, but it's looked bright since 2017 it seems. Only one forward since '17 that's not been traded or let go has panned out. 2 if you go way back to 2014. Not counting the D-man prospects the forward development with this organization has been horrific. Okay maybe 3 if Laf improves. Let's hope the brightness actually comes true moving forward. LOL.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Not trying to be negative, and I really do want to believe this, but it's looked bright since 2017 it seems. Only one forward since '17 that's not been traded or let go has panned out. 2 if you go way back to 2014. Not counting the D-man prospects the forward development with this organization has been horrific. Okay maybe 3 if Laf improves. Let's hope the brightness actually comes true moving forward. LOL.

This is every year though, with every team.....every prospect looks bright.....until...they don't.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Aside from maybe Greentree, who does LA have that is a top prospect? Byfield and Clarke are still, as of yet, unproven if not taking steps to being difference makers. LAs cupboard is full of mid tier dudes and bottom six guys really.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Despite the many management blunders, we still potentially have a 1C and 1D to build around, though we could've had two 1D's with Faber (who defintely looks like he'll be a top defenseman). If we somehow develop a 1G then at least some of the framework is there. Most important thing is having Byfield develop into a bonafide 1C, no team is going far without that position solidified.

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Aside from maybe Greentree, who does LA have that is a top prospect? Byfield and Clarke are still, as of yet, unproven if not taking steps to being difference makers. LAs cupboard is full of mid tier dudes and bottom six guys really.
Well the Kings had a bunch of top prospects and turned them all into mid-tier dudes and bottom six guys so maybe all these prospects will end up being superstars

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad