Prospect Info: 2024 Kings Development Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Not trying to be negative, and I really do want to believe this, but it's looked bright since 2017 it seems. Only one forward since '17 that's not been traded or let go has panned out. 2 if you go way back to 2014. Not counting the D-man prospects the forward development with this organization has been horrific. Okay maybe 3 if Laf improves. Let's hope the brightness actually comes true moving forward. LOL.
The brightest stars burn out the quickest? Or some shit like that.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Well the Kings had a bunch of top prospects and turned them all into mid-tier dudes and bottom six guys so maybe all these prospects will end up being superstars
Faber apart outside of the top 11 picks, I think most of them were mid tier dudes… by mid tier I interpret it as middle 6, middle pair guys. Even then Faber was expected to be a middle pair, maybe a number 3 when drafted. I know some will disagree but if anyone knew what he’d be he’s a top 10 pick. Vilardi, Turcotte, QB and Clarke are the top prospects and there’s a 50% hir rate there if we count the PLD trade as throwing Vilardi away.

It looks like Clarke and QB will be top players, Vilardi will depend on health (although his upside has been impacted already). Turcotte has obviously been impacted by concussions so it remains to be seen if he can become a middle pair guy. Kupari was a middle guy that fell short. Arty was a flawed guy with big upside but I’d struggle to call him a top prospect.

I dunno, it’s a mixed bag. If QB, Turcotte, Spence, Clarke, Thomas and at least one one of Helenius and Lee maybe it’s not a disaster, then there is Ziemmer, Greetree and a couple of the college guys that look good.

Look I’m not saying they haven’t made mistakes and it could be better from the prospect pool we had, but it’s not as bad as it could be either. There are still some nice prospects even if some are under the radar.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I see a lot of Ziemmer & Conmy praise in here, love to see it. I had KZ at 41 on my final top 100 and Yannetti snagged him at 78. I had Conmy at 86 and Yannetti got him at 182. My amateur ass opinions don't mean anything, but getting productive junior scorers rounds after most believed they would go is typically very good value. Ziemmer could get games for the Kings this year if he has a good camp and/or plays well in the A to start the season. Conmy at minimum has established himself as an asset for Blake to be able to use or wait and then sign once he decides to leave the NCAA.

While Dvorak and Mania may or may not pan out, the 2023 Draft haul of getting Ziemmer, Slukynsky, & Conmy beyond the 2nd round looks to be a solid piece of business from Yannetti, at least so far.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Ziemmer is eligible for the AHL - it’s been mentioned a few times already this summer.
Would love to see Ziemmer placed in the best situation possible for 2024-25 and they may be back in Prince George to play a ton rather than in Ontario where he's going to get possibly scratched a few times or more during the year...but I guess that's in LA's hands and we'll see

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad