Prospect Info: 2024 Kings Development Camp

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Ziemmer is a RHS, if he’s physically strong enough is he a dark horse candidate?
This idea is very exciting but I'd be worried that wouldn't be great for his development. Don't want to make the same mistake that was made with Bjornfot and Kaliyev.

If he's truly playing out of his mind during training camp, maybe a couple games at the NHL level would be alright. But I'd say he should probably just start in Ontario regardless and if he's really preforming that well in the AHL he can be a mid-season call up.

More likely than not, he could use a full year or two in the AHL

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This idea is very exciting but I'd be worried that wouldn't be great for his development. Don't want to make the same mistake that was made with Bjornfot and Kaliyev.

If he's truly playing out of his mind during training camp, maybe a couple games at the NHL level would be alright. But I'd say he should probably just start in Ontario regardless and if he's really preforming that well in the AHL he can be a mid-season call up.

More likely than not, he could use a full year or two in the AHL
Oh I agree. However he’s a big strong kid and IF he has a great camp maybe he gets a look… just a thought. The range in power at that age can be signifiant so physically he’s probably ok. I’m certainly not advocating rushing him though.

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Not sure who Hedden is but I’ve liked his game today. The return guys have mostly looked decent. Wright is noticeable.

Pretty sure I saw Kirisonov in the building.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Cool experience so far. Found myself sitting in the middle of La staff and players not playing today. Couldn’t tell you who they all are. Interesting hearing them talk about the scrimmage and players. Heard some things too that I likely shouldn’t repeat.

They probably didn’t expect you to be able to understand French. Great job spying undercover!

Bet there was lots of merde

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Cool experience so far. Found myself sitting in the middle of La staff and players not playing today. Couldn’t tell you who they all are. Interesting hearing them talk about the scrimmage and players. Heard some things too that I likely shouldn’t repeat.

Bro we are your people, not them, give us some politically correct worded tid -bits.
Least surprising outcome ever after they tanked his value by putting him in a misfit role for multiple years and then ostracizing him when he didn’t perform to their incoherent expectations?

Put him with Byfield and Fiala straight out of the gate pre season.

LFG.

Get over the bitter feelings Blake, if he bombs again you then will look more justified.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Nothing major. Sounds like some free agents didn’t want the west coast. Not specifically LA.

I think Kirisonov will be a King next year 25-26 Sounds like he has slimmed down and is pretty fit.

Arty has no takers, sounds like they have been trying.
They have Kirsanov listed at 6’2, 220.. is that what you saw or does he look smaller/slimmer

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
They have Kirsanov listed at 6’2, 220.. is that what you saw or does he look smaller/slimmer
The team guys were talking about it. Sounds like he is pretty strong. Said he dropped 30 pounds since his draft. I thought I caught him earlier at the rink. Think he is married with a kid. Pretty young guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: kings11

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Other tidbits I picked up:

They seem to think Wright will put up points in college next year.

They talked about one of the bigger prospects, sparks maybe. Think they said they clocked his shot at around 97mph.

They talked about how west coast travel isn’t bad really. Better a long trip than multiple short trips. Players don’t seem to care but wives can be a bit more turned off by the west coast.

The players were funny. Not sure who they were exactly, they practiced in the second group I think. Lot of college talk and who’s who and where are they from kinda stuff.

Last edited:

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Also, it’s crazy to see the gms and coaches as they walk right by you. I have more respect for those who cover the team and how difficult it might be to ask a tough question in person.

Bergevin is very much present and noticeable.

My encounters with Hoven and Bernstein were really good. They were both gracious and kind. I don’t always agree with them but they gave me more time then they had too for sure.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad