2024 IIHF WOMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I picked Finland and Canada today.. let's see if my tough to beat a team twice in same tourney comes true.

Reactions: jj cale

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Such a good bronze medal game, a spirited effort by the Czechs and felt like if the OT was 20 minutes they'd have had it. The Finns were better in regulation but gassed in the end.

Reactions: Czechboy

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I picked Finland and Canada today.. let's see if my tough to beat a team twice in same tourney comes true.
I think these days he U.S gals win this game 7 times out of ten, they are 4 lines of speed and skill and play damn tough defense too.The Canadian gals absolutely have to bear down and bury the few chances they will get and they need their goalie to be outstanding again.

Bronze or no bronze the Czech womens program has come a long way, don't think they are going away anytime soon.

Reactions: Czechboy

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Time for the Gold medal game. Cheering for Team Canada but I think USA is too strong this year.
Before we get to the game we have to get through the yearly pre game build up telling us about the great rivalry " yawn"

We already know that folks,, just drop the puck already.

Reactions: Summer Rose

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Before we get to the game we have to get through the yearly pre game build up telling us about the great rivalry " yawn"

Seriously, puck drop isn't for another 15 minutes? Why list it at 5 then, just say 5:30. 🤡

Reactions: Summer Rose

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

I'm rather annoyed that I tuned in at 5:07 only to find out that actual puck drop is going to be more like 5:30. Even national games in the NHL aren't that bad.

Reactions: HabSgt

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Seriously, puck drop isn't for another 15 minutes? Why list it at 5 then, just 5:30. 🤡
Ah.......................every year this crap, good god.

I'm rather annoyed that I tuned in at 5:07 only to find out that actual puck drop is going to be more like 5:30. Even national games in the NHL aren't that bad.
agreed, it's pretty frustrating.

Reactions: HabSgt

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada with a good start and chances but yet again............................. no joy.

Cmon girls, you've got to take advantage before the worm turns.

Finish!!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
There it is!!...............1-0

Credit to the Canadian gals but the U.S team looks pretty tight so far.

And just like that a breakdown leads to the tying goal.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Horrible penalty called on USA for a phantom trip

Canada constantly shooting blocker side. At some point they are going to switch to the glove side

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada's period by a lot, such a shame the U.S scored on one of the very few chances they managed to generate.

Canadian gals taking too long to shoot the puck on the p.p, it's got to be rapid with this U.S goalie.

Still encouraged, they outplayed the U.S by a good margin that period.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Canada's period by a lot, such a shame the U.S scored on one of the very few chances they managed to generate.

Canadian gals taking too long to shoot the puck on the p.p, it's got to be rapid with this U.S goalie.

Still encouraged, they outplayed the U.S by a good margin that period.
Agreed. Canada attacked the slot much more than the first game. USA did not do much to keep Canada to the outside.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Agreed. Canada attacked the slot much more than the first game. USA did not do much to keep Canada to the outside.
I would imagine the U.S is going to get their rhythm going pretty soon though, we have to meet that challenge and then keep going to the slot.......................and shoot the puck quicker when we get Frankl gong side to side.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad