Silayev, Anton
Squires, Cam
Stillman, Chase
Traff, Herman
Vilen, Topias
Wendt, Dylan
Yegorov, Mikhail
_
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

Remember, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Somehow, I set this up to have 3 max votes instead of 1. Dunno if the mods can fix this, but please, only pick one.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
it’s all basically coin flips from here on out for me. Someone could tell me Ethan Edwards has more of a chance of playing 200 NHL games than anyone currently eligible and i wouldn’t feel much urge to argue. I think I like Vilen’s upside the most right now? Sure, we’ll go with Vilen.

Add my boy Hauser

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think the right answer here is Hatakka, given that only he and Foote have any NHL experience, and Hatakka looked better in his outings. I can't say any of the guys left in the pool are great bets to be NHL players, but Hatakka is probably the closest, so I'll go with him.

However, I am struggling about what to do with the goalies. In my mind, there is not one goalie who is by far better than the others, and I'm not sure where to slot them in among the skaters either. Is Malek our top goalie? I don't know, but he's the only one in the poll right now. I think Poulter might be better than him, but he's not been added yet.

All of that to say: Hatakka, add Poulter.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Voted for Hatakka because he was rhe best option available - though he is a bit older than the rest of this group and will likely have to move to another organization to get an NHL shot.

Would have voted for either of the two high profile goalie prospects - Brennan or Yegorov - or Stillman but none are options yet.

Add Stillman.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I'm going with Hattaka. Even if he wasn't so productive in ahl or impressive, he still looks like an okay third pair defenseman on nhl level. All this guys can have better ceiling or looked better defensively situationally but still have worries about their nhl future. Hattaka is more proven. At least now in the moment of time.
I hope it will change soon, because Hattaka shouldn't play regular role in actual circumstances, Misyul can win spot over him, Vilen can progress on defensive side of the game, some KHL guys can make step forward and if they will play bigger role in KHL level especially with better production - it will make them better prospect. Hattaka looks like 6-7th defenseman and future trade part. But for now it is what it is.

Stillman shouldn't be in top 10 at all. For now he proven himself in the negative way. A lot of our players looked better on the same level or better
Even if I understand he still has a chance to play some game in NHL, it doesn't make him better prospect, its just because he is former first round and may be because Fitz and his father are buddies.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I'm going with Hattaka. Even if he wasn't so productive in ahl or impressive, he still looks like an okay third pair defenseman on nhl level. All this guys can have better ceiling or looked better defensively situationally but still have worries about their nhl future. Hattaka is more proven. At least now in the moment of time.
I hope it will change soon, because Hattaka shouldn't play regular role in actual circumstances, Misyul can win spot over him, Vilen can progress on defensive side of the game, some KHL guys can make step forward and if they will play bigger role in KHL level especially with better production - it will make them better prospect. Hattaka looks like 6-7th defenseman and future trade part. But for now it is what it is.

Stillman shouldn't be in top 10 at all. For now he proven himself in the negative way. A lot of our players looked better on the same level or better
Even if I understand he still has a chance to play some game in NHL, it doesn't make him better prospect, its just because he is former first round and may be because Fitz and his father are buddies.

On the contrary, Stillman is far more likely to have an NHL career than some of the players being discussed here. In fact, the trajectory of his career is looking similar to his father, a former first round pick who played 18 years and won two Stanley Cups.

Players like Wood, McLeod and Bastian were woefully under appreciated as prospects on these boards because they didn't have eye opening offensive numbers. I suspect Stillman is receiving the same treatment.

In sports like baseball or football, it is often advantageous to take players whose father's coach because they grow up around their respective games. Don't think the Devils drafted Stillman (and certainly not in the first round) just because his dad and Tom Fitzgerald were former teammates. There are a lot or players whose fathers played with Fitz.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Perfect example. This is the rankings from 2020.

Ty Smith was the second-ranked prospect with guys like Nolan Foote, Tyce Thompson, Reilly Walsh and Nick Merkley ahead of Bastian (#14).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad