Prospect Info: 2024 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Devils' #14 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Results:

RankPlayerDraft PositionVote %2023 Result2022 Result
1Simon Nemec2022 Round 1 #2 Overall90.5Luke HughesLuke Hughes
2Anton Silayev2024 Round 1 #10 Overall90.1Simon NemecSimon Nemec
3Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall76.4Alexander HoltzAlexander Holtz
4Arseni Gritsyuk2019 Round 5 #129 Overall89.5Akira SchmidArseni Gritsyuk
5Lenni Hameenaho2023 Round 2 #58 Overall87.5Seamus CaseyShakir Mukhamadullin
6Topias Vilen2021 Round 5 #129 Overall31.9Arseni GritsyukFabian Zetterlund
7Mikhail Yegorov2024 Round 2 #49 Overall29.9Lenni HameenahoNikita Okhotiuk
8Santeri Hatakka2019 Round 6 #184 Overall33.3Topias VilenSeamus Casey
9Daniil Orlov2022 Round 4 #110 Overall25.4Nolan FooteNico Daws
10Daniil Karpovich2023 Round 6 #186 Overall23.9Josh FilmonTyce Thompson
11Jakub Malek2021 Round 4 #100 Overall35.4Graeme ClarkeNolan Foote
12Daniil Misyul2019 Round 3 #70 Overall27.7Zakhar BardakovTyler Brennan
13Cam Squires2023 Round 4 #122 Overall26.0Nico DawsChase Stillman

Last Pick: Cam Squires - Cape Breton Eagles / QMJHL

Squires.jpg

Added: Tyler Brennan

Eligible Players:
Barabosha, Artem
Beckman, Adam
Bowers, Shane
Brennan, Tyler
Brown, Cole
Casey, Seamus
Cheslock, Chase
Diotte, Mikael
Edwards, Ethan
Filmon, Josh
Foote, Nolan

Graham, Max
Gritsyuk, Arseni
Hameenaho, Lenni
Hatakka, Santeri

Hauser, Petr
Hurtig, Viktor
Karpovich, Daniil
Leddy, Charlie
Legare, Nathan
Louhivaara, Veeti
Malek, Jakub
Melovsky, Matyas
Misyul, Daniil
Nemec, Simon

_
Orlov, Daniil
Pikkarainen, Kasper
Poulter, Isaac

Salminen, Samu
Shlaine, Artem
Silayev, Anton
Squires, Cam

Stillman, Chase
Traff, Herman

Vilen, Topias
Wendt, Dylan
Yegorov, Mikhail
_
(Bolded = in poll, crossed out = selected)

Remember, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Poulter, add Leddy.

Even if situationally but Poulter performed well on AHL level. For his age and for his stage its a best season from this list.
Barabosha was good to play situational role in KHL but he isn't regular yet and his role was more minor.
Foote played very minor role, very limited amount of games, not so inspiring performance, and doesn't look like he developed his game for today.
Filmon had very disappointed season for D+2 CHLer.
Edwards still is intriguing prospect but now he is in log jam of Devils left defensemen list and in one step away from not being Devils prospect. American factor - a real problem, not a made-up one.
Brennan performed not well for his stage and for his age. For now most of this players don't show more than they should to at least hope for better in NHL.
Stillman doesn't have ceiling and middle to be named a good prospect, performance wasn't good before, isn't good now. Role is more minor.

I do really think that we should start to think about Pikka after. I'm not so sure that he is as good now but at least for his stage he was good enough. I have Foote next because even in a minor role he still can be NHLer.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Poulter.

Still taking a flyer on Beckman. Maybe he figures out that the 2nd part of the game he hasn't grasped needs to accompany his scoring. That would make him adept at both ends of the rink raising his value.

Right now he and Clarke have swapped franchises because neither has figured out that in order to move up they have to play in both ends of the rink. Minnesota and NJ are hoping the trade will wake them up to the fact their scoring alone won't get them to the NHL. This is likely their last chance before becoming career AHLers or finding a temporary residence in Europe until they are done with the game.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I'm still hopeful on Barabosha. I'm curious if Steve Ives still thinks he could be a dark horse stud.
No flippin clue on who to add at this point.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, I thought Foote either should have been here already, or he just shouldn't have been eligible for the poll anymore in the first place.

I think he probably should have been 9th or 10th, though I'd also understand if he no longer retained prospect status for several reasons. One of them being the fact that he's about to be a 4th year pro and no longer waiver exempt, though Hattakka isn't (I don't think?) waiver exempt either.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, I thought Foote either should have been here already, or he just shouldn't have been eligible for the poll anymore in the first place.

I think he probably should have been 9th or 10th, though I'd also understand if he no longer retained prospect status for several reasons. One of them being the fact that he's about to be a 4th year pro and no longer waiver exempt, though Hattakka isn't (I don't think?) waiver exempt either.
I have to correct myself here. Foote is actually going to be a FIFTH year pro.

I knew his first pro year was 20-21, but I think I just forgot how to count.

Either that or I just didn’t recognize last year as being a year for him at all with how much time he missed.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

I took foote out of prospect rankings like two years ago. Age 24 season? This is like his prime now lol

Reactions: nugg and Bleedred

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Stillman. Add Salminen.

Is a fourth round pick playing in the Q really a better prospect than a former 1st round pick about on schedule to where he projects?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I took foote out of prospect rankings like two years ago. Age 24 season? This is like his prime now lol
In certain instances I think 23-24 is still fine to be retaining prospect status.

For someone like Gritsyuk who is the same age, I think it would apply to him, just because he's never played in North America before.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Foote’s prospect status is nothing to do with age IMO, at least as far as the general lack of consensus about whether he should be included in these polls. There’s always late bloomers and 4-year college players and transfers from Euro leagues etc.

Foote feels like an exception because he’s basically made the Devils 4 years in a row. He’s been around the Devils’ pro organization for as long as Siegenthaler has and only one year less than Jack Hughes. But he’s never come close to playing enough games. He’s still technically Calder-eligible next year, no?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Foote’s prospect status is nothing to do with age IMO, at least as far as the general lack of consensus about whether he should be included in these polls. There’s always late bloomers and 4-year college players and transfers from Euro leagues etc.

Foote feels like an exception because he’s basically made the Devils 4 years in a row. He’s been around the Devils’ pro organization for as long as Siegenthaler has and only one year less than Jack Hughes. But he’s never come close to playing enough games. He’s still technically Calder-eligible next year, no?
Ya, he's 5 months older then Grits.

Stillman. Add Salminen.

Is a fourth round pick playing in the Q really a better prospect than a former 1st round pick about on schedule to where he projects?
Where does Stillman project? AHL bottom 6er?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Stillman. Add Salminen.

Yes of course he is. Stillman played like ex former fourth round pick without any real glimpse of potential regular NHL future.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Believe we were using the old HockeysFuture criteria and Foote would no longer be considered a prospect.

He's fine as far as age and number of games played but the criteria was that a player had three seasons from his NHL debut to reach 65 games and would be considered graduated if he didn't. This will be his fifth season.

It was kind of quirky because there could be 25 or 26 year old college or European players who were still "prospects" depending on when they signed their ELC.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I've been voting for Foote for a while but it's fine that he's going this late. His career is really at an inflection point. He's probably gonna compete with a PTO guy for that last forward spot in camp, if he doesn't make the team his Devils future is over.

With that said he could make the team, carve out a spot in the bottom 6 and be here a while. Most of the other names I don't see as ever playing meaningful games for the Devils.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

I don't think he's Calder-eligible because I don't think it's just a games threshold, I think you also can't play games in multiple seasons. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I did just check Alex Pietrangelo who was under the games threshold but received no Calder votes for his first full season where he scored 11 goals and played 22 minutes a game - hard to imagine otherwise.

Reactions: Devils731

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad