#2 = C Frank Nazar (91%)
HF Blackhawks #2 Prospect Vote Thread

#3 = C Oliver Moore (62.2%)
HF Blackhawks #3 Prospect Vote Thread

#4 = D Sam Rinzel (62.7%)
HF Blackhawks #4 Prospect Vote Thread

#5 = C Sacha Boisvert (32.5%)
HF Blackhawks #5 Prospect Vote Thread

#6 = LW Marek Vanacker (57.7% via runoff)
HF Blackhawks #6 Prospect Vote Thread
HF Blackhawks #6 Prospect Runoff Thread

#7 = D Ethan Del Mastro (50.6%)
HF Blackhawks #7 Prospect Vote Thread

#8 = RW Roman Kantserov (52.4%)
HF Blackhawks #8 Prospect Vote Thread

#9 = C Ryan Greene (28.8%)
HF Blackhawks #9 Prospect Vote Thread

Had a close 4-way race but Greene prevailed to be voted #9 prospect

Nearing midway point

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Here you have to start weighing in upside vs projectability. Allan looks like a competent 3rd pairing D man. Lardis has 30 goal potential, he can fly, has a great shot....but there is more projection with him than Allan......to each his own.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
This is the portion of our prospect list where the guy I voted for last time is still there but I end up voting for someone new.

At least now it's because I'm high on a lot of guys left.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Went with Commesso. Really dislike having goalies and skaters in the same list because it's impossible to rank them against each other but seeing as Commesso is here, I'm going with him. I think he's the likeliest to play a significant amount of NHL games and I think his floor is a competent backup, with average/slightly better than average starter potential. I like Gavin Hayes, Nick Lardis and Nolan Allen -- even Dach -- but they all have questions around their NHL projection/upside.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Allan, Commesso, Dach are next three for me.

If our true number 10 prospect can’t even make Canada’s 2X summer world junior prelim roster heading into age 19 season I think I’d be pretty bummed with the hawks prospect pool. At least for me, he has a ways to go before I’d put him down.

Just feel our AHL guys are getting a bit underrated at this stage in voting.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Allan, Commesso, Dach are next three for me.

If our true number 10 prospect can’t even make Canada’s 2X summer world junior prelim roster heading into age 19 season I think I’d be pretty bummed with the hawks prospect pool. At least for me, he has a ways to go before I’d put him down.

Just feel our AHL guys are getting a bit underrated at this stage in voting.
I would say most teams #10 prospects are not ever making Canada WJC teams.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Our number 1 prospect didn't make the USA wjc his 19 year old season in 2017? But eh they make bad choices at times

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Lardis didn’t get invited to the summer showcase. But if he has a big first couple of months, that can easily change. It wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened.

People are voting on his potential upside that they like, it’s not that deep.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Just a fun way for us hockey folks to pass the time. Go look at the HF Top 50 prospects year by year on the “polls” thread. Bad take after bad take. Doesn’t matter, it’s f***ing fun to talk hockey with people who love hockey.

Great perspective. I think it’s easy to lose sight of the fact that these are all just prospects. Many of us have strong opinions but year after year guys exceed their ceiling and guys we thought were great end up not.

The Cale Makar thread on the prospects board is funny to read in hindsight. Same with the Quinn Hughes thread.

Hopefully we’ll look back and have similar laughs about some of the Levshunov takes someday.

But agreed, it’s all just fun.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Lardis didn’t get invited to the summer showcase. But if he has a big first couple of months, that can easily change. It wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened.

I doubt he'll make Team Canada. Too many guys either bring as much or more offense and/or bring other elements to their games.

He would basically have to get in the top-6 but is that going to happen? Some combination of Cowan, Yager, Catton, McKenna, Sennecke, Cristall, Heidt, Iginla, Lindstrom, Rehkopf and Wood will fill those spots. Four of those guys are returning players.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

People can vote how they will vote. I just think there’s a number of pretty clear options of players with a better pedigree and then a fairly large group of players with a similar one to this particular player. This thread particularly on ranking prospects feels an adequate spot to discuss as any. I’m also not even talking a final roster. This summer showcase roster includes 24 forwards, it’s essentially a 2X roster. My humble opinion is Lardis is not really one of the top junior scorers heading into his final season and his other traits aren’t exciting enough to shoot him up higher. But anything can change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad