Prospect Info: 2024 HF Hawks Prospect Rankings - #10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is Hawks #10 prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
People can vote how they will vote. I just think there’s a number of pretty clear options of players with a better pedigree and then a fairly large group of players with a similar one to this particular player. This thread particularly on ranking prospects feels an adequate spot to discuss as any. I’m also not even talking a final roster. This summer showcase roster includes 24 forwards, it’s essentially a 2X roster. My humble opinion is Lardis is not really one of the top junior scorers heading into his final season and his other traits aren’t exciting enough to shoot him up higher. But anything can change.

Yeah, he was 10th in the OHL last year amongst U19 scorers in PpG; 8th amongst Canadians. He would have been tied for 8th in PpG in the WHL. So he's a top-20 scorer across junior but without bringing much else to the table, it's understandable why he'd be bypassed.

Like the prospect. As far as I'm concerned, he looks good for a third round pick. But making the Canadian WJC would be a very tough task with his profile.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Lardis is kind of like a Brandon Pirri…can score, might make the NHL, but likely won’t be consequential. Would love to be proven wrong though.

For me, Commesso is a better option here. He likely makes the club in a year, and maybe even plays this year if there’s an injury. I can even get behind Allan…same scenario as Commesso.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Lardis is kind of like a Brandon Pirri…can score, might make the NHL, but likely won’t be consequential. Would love to be proven wrong though.

For me, Commesso is a better option here. He likely makes the club in a year, and maybe even plays this year if there’s an injury. I can even get behind Allan…same scenario as Commesso.
Agree on Lardis' status a as "long shot". Hoping that in today's more "open" NHL that he can find a role and contribute. Maybe something along the lines of Chris Verteeg or the like.

Hawks have Mrazek/Broussoit locked up for 2 more years each. Are you expecting a trade if you think that Commesso is in in the NHL next year?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Agree on Lardis' status a as "long shot". Hoping that in today's more "open" NHL that he can find a role and contribute. Maybe something along the lines of Chris Verteeg or the like.

Hawks have Mrazek/Broussoit locked up for 2 more years each. Are you expecting a trade if you think that Commesso is in in the NHL next year?
Mrazek gets hurt perpetually.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
That's very fair - last year was definitely an outlier as far as his career expectation should go with regard to health. Was surprised a little by the 2 year term for Broissoit if they felt like Commesso was getting close, but that might have been necessary to get a legit NHL back-up.
Goalie is a position you need to be three or even four deep at. I don't have very high expectations for Comesso but I'd love to be proven wrong and if Mrazek gets hurt this year and Drew proves himself NHL capable goaltending isn't super valuable but if Mrazek and Boissoit play up to snuf they're very movable contracts.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Versteeg was more reliable defensively.

Aside from injuries, a goalie being traded isn’t so unlikely, especially if Mrazek or Broussoit are going well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad