Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Florian Xhekaj

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
12 years and only 1 has made a significant impact in the nhl. Poehling is ok and will probably be a 4th line journeyman. Primeau is showing signs. Harris will probably be a bottom pair journeyman. Of course, Beck and Mesar aren’t there yet. The rest, very disappointing.

Fucale really made me laugh! Who the hell thought that guy would make it?
The Habs thought Fucale would make it. Craig Button thought he was the second coming of Terry Sawchuk 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: vokiel

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
1 good season in the Q mostly due to the guys on his team.

No, he was very technically proficient and had been since he was 16 years old. The problem was he was an average athlete and as he went up levels, that was going to get exposed.

It was a fine pick in the 2nd round, especially in that draft. Button was silly for overhyping him

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Gotta go with Roy. Damn this organization has a deep cupboard.
Lol that thought just slapped me in the face as I'm about to vote Roy and then I see the name Owen Beck just sitting there and I like Fowler a loooot and I'm realizing this is the vote for # SIX already
And it's like...

I'm not used to this at all lol..

Reactions: Treb and Seb

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
No, he was very technically proficient and had been since he was 16 years old. The problem was he was an average athlete and as he went up levels, that was going to get exposed.

It was a fine pick in the 2nd round, especially in that draft. Button was silly for overhyping him
That big comeback against Patrick Roy and the Remparts. Timmins was in dressing room after Game 3. He said Fucale led the turn around. Why Montreal took him I think.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Fowler is underrated IMO. His ceiling is higher (#1 Starting Goalie) than many other prospects of ours, his mentally very strong and he is showing a higher floor too. I honestly don't think it's a matter of if with Fowler, just when. We have wonderful G depth, so he's going to take as long as needs to be NHL-ready, and IMO this kid is going to be walking into a fantastic situation - goal support, other stars taking the pressure off, etc - can't wait for the day to come. With this management team at the helm, he's going to blossom even if he needs more time for whatever reason.

The impact he's going to have is much higher than Roy or Mallioux. I'm interested to see if other fans agree or not.
You maybe right but look up Cayden Primeau and Jacob Fowler on hockeydb and compare their NCAA stats. I think Fowler may very well be a future star goalie but it won't be for about 3-4 years, if at all.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
You maybe right but look up Cayden Primeau and Jacob Fowler on hockeydb and compare their NCAA stats. I think Fowler may very well be a future star goalie but ot won't be for about 3-4 years, if at all.
But this is what I'm saying. Primeau had less insulation and has more bust potential than Fowler ever had. Fowler has the talent + drive + the situation to let him develop properly. I think what is in question is how good an NHLer will he be, but honestly there's nothing but green flags regarding whether he will be an NHLer period, star or not.

Reactions: Tyson

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
He’s underperformed since being drafted, if we’re all being honest and fair.

He has a tremendous amount of talent, and maybe he wasn’t taking junior serious enough. But this year will be crucial to his development, he needs to put up .75ppg or better in the AHL to atleast redeem his slow start in junior.

That’s not to say to write him off if he doesn’t achieve that this year, but historically speaking it’s rare for players to break out if they aren’t putting up those numbers or better by the time they are 21-22 in the AHL. So the next two seasons make or break him.

He does need to but every time they played him top minutes with the best players he has delivered.

WJC 9pts in 5 games
Playoffs, 16 pts in 10 games.

The first 20 games with kitchener he was scoring at a 2 PPG pace...

We can look at the negatives but we also need to question if we've put him in the best environment to succeed.

Putting Joshua Roy ahead of him is a move i would expect only from Bergevin.

Any way i cant wait for the main camp. Hopefully he uses this disrespect as fuel to be better... like St.Louis once did.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He does need to but every time they played him top minutes with the best players he has delivered.

WJC 9pts in 5 games

We can look at the negatives but we also need to question if we've put him in the best environment to succeed.

Any way i cant wait for the main camp. Hopefully he uses this disrespect as fuel to be better... like St.Louis once did.
Roy has accomplished more than Mesar, has a developed defensive game, has more size, and is closer to the NHL.

Last edited:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC

WJC 9pts in 5 games

You're persisent, I'll give you that. Roy is light years beyond Mesar as a prospect. He consistently performs wherever he goes and Mesar is nothing but a pile of excuses.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
You're persisent, I'll give you that. Roy is light years beyond Mesar as a prospect. He consistently performs wherever he goes and Mesar is nothing but a pile of excuses.

sotn-Dracula What is a Mesar A miserable little pile of Excuses..png

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Roy will be buried behind Suz, Cole, Demidov, Dach & Newhook. Beck will be behind Dach and Suzuki. So in both cases, they don't have the same opportunity that Fowler will have when he comes up.
Except injuries happen all of the time, and Hughes could trade some of those guys too for an upgrade.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020

WJC 9pts in 5 games

If you compare Roy Junior carreer with Mesar, Mesar looks really bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad