• Bogdan Konyushkov

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Florian Xhekaj

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
Fowler is underrated IMO. His ceiling is higher (#1 Starting Goalie) than many other prospects of ours, his mentally very strong and he is showing a higher floor too. I honestly don't think it's a matter of if with Fowler, just when. We have wonderful G depth, so he's going to take as long as needs to be NHL-ready, and IMO this kid is going to be walking into a fantastic situation - goal support, other stars taking the pressure off, etc - can't wait for the day to come. With this management team at the helm, he's going to blossom even if he needs more time for whatever reason.

The impact he's going to have is much higher than Roy or Mallioux. I'm interested to see if other fans agree or not.
Yes. Fowler may be underrated but Cayden Primeau was top prospect in 2019 & it's been 5 years & he's yet to establish himself. (They should have played Primeau more frequently 2 years ago to see what they had in him.) Since goalies do take longer, we could be looking at 2029 for Fowler? Maybe longer? Especially if Primeau lives up to his billing. We could be set in goal for a long time. And then there is also Volokhin! (who's been playing lights out as well.) All to say that we may be waiting a long time to see the results.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yes. Fowler may be underrated but Cayden Primeau was top prospect in 2019 & it's been 5 years & he's yet to establish himself. (They should have played Primeau more frequently 2 years ago to see what they had in him.) Since goalies do take longer, we could be looking at 2029 for Fowler? Maybe longer? Especially if Primeau lives up to his billing. We could be set in goal for a long time. And then there is also Volokhin! (who's been playing lights out as well.) All to say that we may be waiting a long time to see the results.

Fowler and Primeau are not the same level of prospect.

Dobes is more Primeau level.

Reactions: Shutdown

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Roy, Beck and Fowler are close to me, but I went with Beck here.

Beck is a really good skater and can impact the game in a lot of ways. I'm quite high on him. He seems like the kind of guy you really want on your team in the playoffs.

Roy looked really good in his games last year, but I still wonder how much his skating will hold him back. He's going to "make it", but there is a question as to how much impact he'll have when he peaks.

Fowler looks amazing right now, but I'm not great at projecting goalies so there is always a bit more uncertainty with them for me.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Roy, Beck and Fowler are close to me, but I went with Beck here.

Beck is a really good skater and can impact the game in a lot of ways. I'm quite high on him. He seems like the kind of guy you really want on your team in the playoffs.

Roy looked really good in his games last year, but I still wonder how much his skating will hold him back. He's going to "make it", but there is a question as to how much impact he'll have when he peaks.

Fowler looks amazing right now, but I'm not great at projecting goalies so there is always a bit more uncertainty with them for me.

I really like Beck aswell! I have Roy at #6, Fowler at #7, but I will certainly vote Beck for #8.

I think he will be a very important piece for Habs at NHL level. I still see a really good 3C in him, behind Suzuki and Dach. When I made lines for the future, I always have Newhook - Beck - Roy as a 3rd line, I think they will shine together. That would be a fantastic 3rd line to me!

Reactions: Trabdy2

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Drew said Slaf thinks Mesar is the most underrated player that he knows

He’s underperformed since being drafted, if we’re all being honest and fair.

He has a tremendous amount of talent, and maybe he wasn’t taking junior serious enough. But this year will be crucial to his development, he needs to put up .75ppg or better in the AHL to atleast redeem his slow start in junior.

That’s not to say to write him off if he doesn’t achieve that this year, but historically speaking it’s rare for players to break out if they aren’t putting up those numbers or better by the time they are 21-22 in the AHL. So the next two seasons make or break him.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hard to pick between Fowler, Beck and Roy.

I went with Fowler because I think he could have the biggest impact on the team in the future.

Roy will be buried behind Suz, Cole, Demidov, Dach & Newhook. Beck will be behind Dach and Suzuki. So in both cases, they don't have the same opportunity that Fowler will have when he comes up.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The two goalies couldnt be more different! If there's one thing Primeau has struggled with its the mental game. Fowler's biggest strength is his confidence and mental strength.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
2023: Beck
2022: Mesar
2021: Harris
2020: Poehling
2019: Primeau
2018: Brook
2017: Scherbak
2016: Juulsen
2015: Tinordi
2014: Fucale
2013: Hudon
2012: Gallagher

Ikonen was 7, 12, 11 and 20 in the last year.
12 years and only 1 has made a significant impact in the nhl. Poehling is ok and will probably be a 4th line journeyman. Primeau is showing signs. Harris will probably be a bottom pair journeyman. Of course, Beck and Mesar aren’t there yet. The rest, very disappointing.

Fucale really made me laugh! Who the hell thought that guy would make it?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
And another post that completely ignores Dobes. I wouldn't write him off. 6'5 athletic goalie who is starting to figure things out at the pro level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad